4.9

We were all sat opposite a can and took turns throwing acorns into it whilst we waited, but nothing had caught our attention for a while. It appears that my aim was a little bit better than my dad's, hence why he was a bit moody however I found it funny.

"You're cheatin'."

"How can you cheat at this?" I asked after doing my turn, knocking the can over once again.

"He's just being a sore loser honey, that's all." Carol smirked before collecting another acorn as dad threw another. "Mr Crossbow I thought aiming was your thing. It certainly is Lilia's."

"It's definitely not your thing." Dad replied back as I scoffed, deciding to throw another.

"That's a miss." I pointed out.

"How is that a miss?"

"That doesn't count." Carol backed me up and I snickered.

"Course that counts." Dad gestured to the can defensively.

"You gotta knock it over. You can't just kiss it."

"You're both acting like children again." I rolled my eyes before taking my turn, the can knocked over once again. "Boom. That's how you play."

"You're such a sore loser." Dad shook his head whilst I lifted the can up again.

"Feel free to take another shot." I shrugged with a mischievous face. "I'm the one with the shitty vision and I can still score."

"We'd have to lose in order to be a sore loser. So, I'm gonna take my turn." Carol piped back and lifted up another acorn but then stopped. "Aw, it's a double capper. It's good luck." She gave it to my dad. "Maybe it'll help your aim."

"You really need help with your aim." I agreed and nodded, slumping down on the log behind.

"Hey, don't forget who taught you." Dad nudged my leg and took the acorn, putting it his pocket. "You should watch your throws, though."

"How's the little man doing back at home? I haven't seen him in a while." Carol looked up at me with a smile.

"He's doing great, getting bigger by the day though so I wouldn't call him little." I let out a breathy chuckle. "He's been missing you."

"Well after this hopefully I can properly see him." She said and then looked towards my dad. "How was Hilltop?" Carol questioned.

"It was fine. King sends his best." He simply replied. 

"Connie fine too?" She asked and my dad just gave her a small smirk at her knowing look. "What? I see things."

"It's not like that."

"No? Why not?"

"I'll call you both Donnie." I showed a smug grin.

"Aren't that many people out there left to find these days, much less good ones like her." Carol explained calmly to him.

"Come on dad, don't go shy on us now."