4.17

MANY HOURS LATER...

It was finally the day where we would fight the rest of the horde. We came up with a plan in the council room of where we were going to lead them and finally trap them. There were a few abandoned buildings a few miles away where we would camp out and guard until the horde followed us.I stayed at one of the windows all night long, keeping on watch whilst regularly looking after the kids as well. I knew that CJ was safe with Judith and the others, she was very protective of him. He learnt how to protect himself with his knife but no way would I ever let him in proper combat yet for him to use it.

It didn't take long for the horde to arrive, I was in the room where the kids were until someone yelled out that the horde was making progress on us. Some kids started to panic but I eventually eased them into calming down, strictly telling them to stay put until we would have to evacuate them. At first I was worried since my dad was walking around the perimeter and Carol and Kelly were out on a small errand for Luke. Luckily they came back just in time for Gabriel to call his meeting and check up on everyone.

"The plan is the same. We lead the horde away, just not from Oceanside as we had planned." Gabriel informed us. I stood next to Judith who had her sheriff hat on and sword by her side. I had my arm around her so she would stay put. "Once the walkers are clear we evacuate to Rendezvous Point B. Luke. We ready?"

Luke stood up from his desk where he was working, "Yeah, technically. So, these are the final pieces that we need to connect to the wagon. But in order for it do to the pied piper thing that we need it to do to get over the cliff, we gotta get from A to B, and I gotta plug and plug, and then we should be good to go."

Magna softly spoke up from beside him, "That wagon is on the other side of the horde."

"So, someone's gotta go through it." Jerry realised. "With skins in there?"

"Four groups. One carries to cargo, one protects. It's crucial that all the equipment makes it to the wagon." Gabriel stated and gestured to the equipment.

"We'll make it through." Lydia walked forward. "I'll help." She nodded and looked around, her eyes landing on me. I gave her a reassuring nod that I was with her.

A woman from Oceanside then broke some news, "We're willing. But not if she goes." She nodded at Lydia.

"Seriously?" I asked in disbelief. "We need all the help we can get."

"We know she's earned her trust with you but, Oceanside isn't ready." Rachel added and looked at me. "Sorry but...not yet."

I scoffed as Gabriel said, "That's fine. As it happens, Lydia's role is in here."

My dad looked around the easily tense room, "Look, we're not all gonna make it through. But this is the only way."

"If Daryl's going, then do am I." Kelly told everyone, looking at my dad and giving him a slight nod.

"Count me in too." I added. I could see my dad's mouth open ready to disagree but I spoke over him, "You can't change my mind."

"Alright, everyone get ready. We leave soon." Gabriel ordered everyone.

Those who were going then went to the exit where we could see walkers banging on the doors and trying to claw their way in. A walker was on the floor next to some sheets that we had to put over our heads, someone cut it open and spilt its guts out.

🎉 You've finished reading ✓𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐱𝐨𝐧² | 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘥 🎉