4.15

The kids rushed inside away from the walls, including CJ with no hesitation. We rallied everyone up and told them to get their gear ready, weapons steady, armour on and heads in the game. Once everyone had their things together and were standing outside in formation, it was nearly pitch black.

I stood at the front next to Jerry and Ezekiel, my sword in hand and sharp, just waiting for the horde to arrive at any second. Some walkers came wandering forward at the bottom of the field, but it was too dark to see how many. Nobody reacted, everyone was stiff. We were waiting for them to get closer to the electrical fences we had set out. Quiet growls rose in unison, getting closer and also louder by the second.

"Formation!" Aaron yelled, holding his shield and moving into formation alongside the others around him.

Flashes of light could be seen from the fences as multiple walkers tried to walk through it but they god burnt and chopped up. However as more walkers pushed their weight onto the wire meant that it wouldn't hold for long. And at the moment the fence fell with a few walkers on top but others simply limped over it to our direction.

People started to get their weapons ready as the walkers drew closer. It appeared as if the walkers were splitting up somehow, which Aaron noticed.

"They're splitting in two!" Aaron yelled. "Gonna load up! On my command, splitting ranks! And...break!" He announced those with shields and spears marched forward and split into two groups. They hurried over to the other walls made out of sharp pieces of wood and spikes to trap the walkers so we could then attack them.

Those with bows and slingshots stayed behind us for extra cover, I hurried alongside my dad with my sword. As soon as I got to the barrier swung my sword at the walkers and instantly decapitated two at once, their heads flying off and spraying blood everyone. Another tried to claw its hands at me but I soon cut it off with one swipe, then lifting the tip of my sword to stab its head.

I continued to stab walkers in the heads and sliced them in half, but more just kept on coming. It was getting to the point where the fence started to creek but we couldn't stop now. I grunted whilst continuing to end more walkers who came near me. Up in the sky I could see objects flying down towards us, they looked small but firm. I was about to point them out until they quickly smashed onto the ground and on the fence, spraying a liquid substance all over us which smelled weird.

"Smells like a Christmas tree!" Jerry grunted and spat out the liquid.

I smelt my hand and flicked some of it off before stabbing another walker, before realisation kicked in of what it was.

Gasoline...but why?

Suddenly to our left was a great flame that travelled through the wooden fence. The fire ignited on the gasoline and spread everyone, even catching onto a few of our people who screamed in pain as they met their painful deaths.

"It's Gasoline! Get back!" I shouted and stepped away from the warmth of the dangerous flames, swinging my sword one last time at a walker before moving completely.

"Get ready to fall back!" Aaron ordered as he struggled to hold up his shield.

"Get back inside! Come on!" I heard my dad tell and gesture his arm back to the walls. I caught his eye before I told others to get back too. "Lia, get back!"