3.10

SIX YEARS AGO

Rick had disappeared. Not dead, just disappeared. There was no body, which meant no closure for anyone.

Michonne, Daryl and Lilia decided that a few hours everyday they would look near the riverbank to search for anything that could relate to Rick. Looking at every walker to see if it was him, but they found nothing.

It was getting harder each day for Lilia to keep looking. Having an almost one year old son and then balancing that with searching for Rick was hard, but she didn't want to give up on any of the Grimes members.

She wanted to find him for Carl, Michonne, Judith, her dad and also CJ who barely even remembered him now. Despite Michonne being heavily pregnant, she refused other people's help. It wasn't until Jocelyn arrived that everything changed.

Lilia stood at the gates with Michonne, watching the gates being pulled open to reveal Scott surrounded by a group of children.

"Found them wandering not far from here." He said. "One of them's hurt."

The woman who was with them looked at Michonne and gasped. "Oh my god...Michonne?"

Lilia's eyes widened. "Huh?"

"Jocelyn?" Michonne asked with a smile growing on her face.

"Y'all know each other?" Lilia asked.

"Yeah." Michonne nodded. "Bring them inside. All of them."

We allowed the group inside the gates, our first mistake. Lilia saw her small son and Judith playing peacefully. As soon as CJ caught sight of his mother, he tried to get to his feet and run over on his small legs.

"Mama!" He exclaimed as Lilia lifted him up.

"Hey there sweetie." Lilia swung CJ in a circle before holding him on her hip.

"Play?" CJ asked.

Lilia looked at Michonne. "You gonna be alright?"

"Yeah." She nodded. "Go after them."

Lilia smiled and placed CJ on the ground. "Go get Jude and play!"

"Ya!" CJ exclaimed.

Lilia spent the rest of the day with her little sister and her son CJ. She kept them entertained until Michonne returned with Jocelyn and her bunch of kids, providing food that could feed the whole population of Alexandria. Later on in the evening all the kids were playing 'The Quiet Game'.

Aaron joined her on the steps, sitting down next to her. "We needed this."

"Yeah." Lilia nodded. "I'm glad, this is good for them."

"You okay?" He asked.

"Is it even a question anymore?" Lilia asked. "I just wish things could go back to the way they used to be, for the sake of everyone."

"Yeah, I know." Aaron signed. "I can't imagine what Michonne is going through."

"I can a bit." Lilia dryly chuckled. "Judith keeps asking for her dad, CJ asks for his grandpa Rick just as much as he asks for his own dad too. I barely even see my dad because he's always out there looking. I'm just worried sick for everyone."