3.23

Now, three months down, I was sat in one of the houses with a small group, to ride out one of the worsts storms I had ever seen this winter. The wind was howling, you could only see a sheet of never-ending white, only thing visible was the outside world.

It only made me worry more for my son, he's out there, suffering in the cold, either alone or still with the skins. I kept telling myself not to think about it, but he's my son..how can I not?

I was sat at the window with Judith, and also hunkered down with the likes of Negan, Rosita, Eugene, Gabriel, Siddiq and RJ..but no CJ. Also a dozen Alexandrians too.

"I swear to God, I have memorised every single inch of this room." Negan spoke up. "And it still feels like a party."

"I wish I was that distracted." I dryly chuckled, whilst aimlessly staring out the window. A part of me hoping that CJ would just come running through the thick outdoors safe and sound.

"A never-ending party from hell." Rosita quipped.

I eventually zoned out of the conversation, the howling of the wind seemed to drown everything out. The fast paced snow went from calm, to angry and much heavier. The storm almost bashed against the windows, causing me to have to move away.

"Judy, let's not sit that close to the window." I muttered, making my way over to the table that Siddiq and RJ sat at, RJ crawled into my lap for a hug while Siddiq gave me a small smile which I struggled to return.

"Key, kiddo, you still worried about that mutt?" Negan asked.

"Daryl told me to take care of him while he helped the Kingdom move to Hilltop." Judith said. "I don't know where he is."

"He'll be okay." I said as Judith made her way over to me and her brother. "He's a smart dog. He'll come back."

She nodded and wrapped her arms around my neck to give me a hug, I gave her a reassuring squeeze. "That's why I know CJ will too." She lets go to give me a smile.

I gave her a small smile back, if Judith was confident that CJ was okay, then why can't I? RJ looked up at me, "Smile?"

I forced another smile, rustling RJ's hair. "Thanks RJ."

"When is CJ coming home?" he suddenly asked, my heart panged. I didn't know how to answer that as all my mouth could do was just drape open but no response came out.

"He'll be back soon kid." Negan filled in for me as I then looked up at him unexpectedly. "Don't you worry worry about that."

RJ snuggled into his blanket and left it as that, Negan looked at me and I quickly mouthed, Thank you.

His small smile quickly dropped as he sniffed, "Does anybody else smell something?" Negan asked.

"Can you stop being such an asshole?" Siddiq asked.

"No, he's right." Rosita said. "Something does smell funky in here."

"Is it Dog takin' a shit outside?" I ask, Judith nudged me and whispered, "Language!"

"Get away from there!" Eugene suddenly exclaimed, pushing Rosita and Gabriel away from the fireplace.