4.4

After continuing to kill more walkers, it started to get dark pretty quick. Which meant that there were more walkers for us to kill in the dark. If it weren't for the thick tension between everyone, maybe we would be okay at the moment, but with Aaron's raging hesitation on whether he should kill Negan on the spot for not doing as he was told...was a different story.

I forced my blade through a walkers head, before slicing sidewards to chop of its head and for the tip of my sword to stab a walker beside me, killing two in one swing. Negan and Aaron were killing walkers a well, we finally made it through a wave of them before Aaron tried to have another go at Negan.

"What did I say?" Aaron exclaimed, seeing Negan with the crowbar which saved his life almost.

"I had to. Did you not see this?" Negan asked as Aaron threw him a rope. "What do you want me to do, hang myself?"

"Aaron all he did was kill a walker with it he didn't do any ha-" I began.

"Tie up. We're taking you back." He interrupted.

"Taking me back?" Negan repeated. "That is the best frickin' news I have had all day! But I am not tying up like some POW."

"Yes you are."

"Can we seriously not argue about this? We have walkers to clear." I tried to reason.

"Or what cowboy?" Negan asked, pushing Aaron's buttons which clearly worked as he got his knife out.

"Whoa, let's not do that." I walk forward quickly.

"Ah, you know what I see?" Negan asked. "I see someone that's pretending..." A sigh. "Come on, let's go." He walked past Aaron and stumbled over when he got pushed.

"Aaron!"

"Did you just trip me? What are you, twelve? I've been puttin' my neck on a block for you people every goddamn day!" Negan frustratedly said.

"You don't give a damn about us. If you gave a shit, you'd leave. That's what everyone needs." Aaron argued firmly.

"Alright that's enough!" I interrupted.

"Am I wrong, Lilia?"

"I said enough. He's just tryin' to help."

"Why are you defending him?"

"I did what I had to do back then." Negan piped up. 

"What did you just say?" Aaron asked but he shook his head.  "No no no, you tell me why the love of my life had to die."

"Okay. One simple fact. One truth that kept my people going. If you don't protect what belongs to you, then sooner or later, it belongs to someone else." Negan explained. "That goes for your land, your wallet, your home, your country, everything. It is your job as a man to protect. That's the story of America, and the whole goddamn world. And ain't nothing changing it. Not you, not Lilia, no one."

"Are you saying, that Eric's death was my fault?" Aaron let out. "Well...if I failed Eric, then you failed your wife."

"Aaron!" I harshly whispered.