3.17

A while later, I was then helping Connie, Henry and Lydia move some furniture to help secure the room from these mask wearers and walkers, when my dad bursts through the door.

"Alright they're here." He said. "Let's go."

We all split up, I went with my dad and Lydia, with Dog running near us. We headed to the other side of the building where my dad opened a storage closet.

"Go ahead, get in." Dad quickly ordered.

"What?" Lydia asked. "No, I wanna help."

"How are you gonna help if you ain't gonna fight?" Dad fired back. "No, you'll just get in the way. Go. Get in."

Lydia eventually walked inside and my dad turned to me. "You too Lia."

I huffed. "Whatever, I'm too tired to argue."

I took my bow off my back and gripped it tightly with one hand just incase anything tries to get in. Dog had also ran inside next to us. Probably under my dad's instructions.

"Last line of defence." Dad pointed at me. "You and Dog."

"Hope it doesn't come to that then." I said. "I don't think I could kick a soccer ball without feeling pain, let alone kick a person."

"Anybody comes through this door, he'll take 'em down." Dad said, gesturing to Dog who was firmly stood next to me. "If that happens, you run."

"Wait." Lydia said. "Thank you."

It went dark, followed by a click of the lock. I then felt something reaching for my hand in the pitch black, it was Lydia. Reaching for her hand, I allowed her to take it with a reassuring squeeze.

"It'll be okay." I reassure. "My dad knows what he's doin'."

"I should be out there." Lydia replied. "Helping. This is my problem."

"As much as I'd like to argue with him, he's right." I state. "We should stay here."

"I like your bow." She commented, hopeing to relieve the tension. "You and your dad are really some duo, with the bows."

"Thanks." I replied with a chuckle. "Although it hasn't been like that in a while, it's a good weapon to have."

"How do you mean?" She asks.

"We've been more apart lately than ever." I said. "He's been living in the woods alone with Dog, while I live at home with CJ."

"Oh, must be difficult..." She trailed. "At least you have your gun, and knife."

"The knife was my boyfriend's, CJ's dad." I replied. "I only use it when I have to though, don't wanna lose it. I promised I'd give it to CJ when he's older."

"That's cute." She almost chuckled. "What happened to him? Your boyfriend, I mean."

"He got...bit." I sigh deeply. "He's gone, but I promised I wouldn't let his memory go with him."

"I'm sorry." Lydia said.

"No worries." I nodded. "If there's one thing I know about Carl Grimes, it's that he doesn't do anything without a good reason. He died doing a good thing."