4.1

The waves crashed onto the sand, I looked out over the ocean with CJ. I had never properly visited a beach when everything was normal, although every time I heard someone mention it I couldn't help but dream about what it would be like.

The soft sand beneath my feet, sitting by the ocean and listening to the waves frothing on the sand, other children giggling and having fun with friends and family. It seemed like so many happy memories could be created, just thinking about it brings colour to my face.

Earlier when we had arrived, mostly for training, CJ, Judith, RJ and I took a stroll along the beach. It was supposed to be a calm walk before everyone took it over to kill the walkers inside the abandoned ship, but it ended up in me dunking them into the water for revenge for when they earlier tried to push me in the water.

Judith giggled as she saw her brothers messing about with crabs near the rocks, admiring some colourful ones herself and also so seashells. "I like this one, it's pretty." She held on up, which had blue spots on it.

"I like that one too, matches your eyes." I admire it before she places it back down. The waves almost reached our boots as we looked down to the the froth melting into the sand, the soothing sound was almost calming enough to put you asleep by the shore.

Although the growling of walkers certainly put you right off, which is why we have come to train here at Oceanside, to prepare for the inevitable attack from Alpha's herd. My dad had seen it, the hidden fear in his eyes that I could see quickly when he told us all really sparked concern throughout everyone. Including the kids, so I made sure that they were safe and felt like it too.

Resulting in me being put on babysitting duty for the most of the day.

"Hey." A voice said behind me, turning around to see it was my dad.

"Hi." I smiled. "Coming here to enjoy the view or kick us off the beach for your parade?"

"Bit of both." He shrugged and I chuckled.

"I'm collecting shells, CJ and RJ are collecting crabs." Judith smiled, standing up and wiping the sand off of her.

"Well try and get as many as we can, we got some training to do kiddo." I said and she nodded, I directed my attention to the boys a bit further back. "Come on boys!"

"C'mon, lets go." Dad nodded us all over.

I was practising with my sword, I'm alright with my other weapons luckily enough. I drew my sword from its sheath and headed over to my friends, standing beside Michonne and Judith at the back. CJ and RJ were watching from the treeline, still messing about with the crabs in the process.

Aaron shouted the order for the archers to loosen their arrows, a fleet of arrows and bolts flew through the sky and into the walkers that were let out by Ezekiel and Jerry. The spears took out the second wave and then it allowed us to come to our next halt.

"Open rank." Michonne ordered, the shield-wielders stepped aside to open a gap. Michonne, Magna, Luke and I took on the walkers with no defences but our weapons.

I sliced a walkers head of with ease, blood splattering and staining on the tip of my sword. Another walker came up beside me, I sliced one of it's leg for it to drop defencelessly onto the ground, but it's head was then smashed into the ground by Luke. I looked up at him with a nod and he gave me a grin back.