4.8

In the morning I hoped that everything was just a bad dream, but it wasn't. My head was still pounding from the previous night despite all the medication and sleeping pills I took to actually get a decent night sleep for once. Having a jumpy kid and a shit-stinging eye really disturbs your sleep.

When I opened my eyes, sunlight came rushing through my curtains, however my right eye was blocking some of it a bit with all the spots I was seeing. With a groan I leapt out of bed, drawing the curtains to realise that it was probably midday by now.

Whoops.

I quickly got dressed into my appropriate gear, just in case I needed to go out and headed downstairs. I figured CJ was still at Aaron's with Gracie and my dad was somewhere. I figured maybe with Lydia since she was a bit battered up from last night.

I collected my pockets knifes and other small necessities before hearing a scrubbing noise on the other side of the front door. Pressing my ear up against the door, I could hear rustling.

As soon as I opened it I was faced with my dad holding a wet sponge and wiping off the words "Silence Whisperers". He saw me and nearly let out a yelp from being startled.

I snickered before stepping outside and shutting the door. "Should I knock next time?"

He grunted in response, as usual. "You didn't scare me."

"Right." I replied in a believable sarcastic tone. "Besides, I've never noticed how you've taken up the hobby of cleanin' graffiti. It'll only reappear tomorrow."

"Well, I've noticed how you prefer to sleep." He replied and lifted up his sponge, flicking it at me and I felt flecks of water fly at me.

I quickly looked away and wiped my face. "Hey! I just woke up." I complained as my hands we over my face.

"Clearly. You missed a lot." He chuckled before continuing scrubbing. "Negan got out. Someone must of let him out."

"What?! Who?" I asked immediately.

"We don't know. Lydia keeps sayin' that she did it, but no way." He scoffed and shook his head.

"She was close with him...she'd never do that. Right?" I ask, mostly to myself for some reassurance. Negan wasn't exactly dangerous anymore, however out there he could do anything. "I'll talk to her later if I see her."

He hums in response, and I take that as my que to leave. I was about to go down the steps before he held my arm back before.

"Sup' up with your eye?" He asked with more than a hint of concern in his tone, looking at me as if he was inspecting it. "Don't look good."

"Oh it's fine, just not covered it up today." I swiftly lie, digging my nails into my hands for not telling him the truth.

"Have you got it checked? Dante is in the infirmary today whilst Siddiq n' I head to Hilltop."

"I know I know." I rolled my eyes despite the slight pain it gave me, so I tried my best to hide the wince.

"Just be careful. Feel free to tag along with us later. Headin' out soon." He told me.