3.24

The next morning, I was woken up by the sound of giggles. I opened my eyes to see the sight of CJ, RJ and Judith properly reuniting with each other, with hugs and smiles.

"I'm glad you're okay." Judith smiled. "I always knew you'd come back, because you're strong. Just like my brother was."

"I missed you Judy!" CJ smiled, giving his sister a hug. "You too RJ." They joined into a group hug and giggled.

"Morning sleepy head." Aaron greeted.

"Mornin', nobody woke me?" I asked, while getting up from the floor. People slept wherever they could the previous night.

"Didn't want to wake you, you've had it rough lately." He placed a hand on my shoulder. "You deserve happiness, and a good night's rest."

"Thanks." I chuckle.

"Morning mommy!" CJ greeted from the the window side.

"Morning Lia." Judith also smiled.

"MOMMY!" RJ yelled whilst looking through the window. Aaron went up to the window.

"They're back." He said with a small smile, my face gleamed.

"Let's go and surprise grandpa and nana, huh?" I ask CJ who nodded wildly, reaching to hold my hand and we walked out the door together with Judith and RJ in front.

I hid him a bit behind me, seeing my dad and other people from his group merge through the gates from helping the Kingdom residents move to Hilltop. I saw Judith and RJ run over to Michonne, and the noticing my dad coming up behind me, for a split second I could tell that he thought his grandson would come running down the snow-covered street into his arms, but he couldn't

Not until now at least.

As he wandered past Michonne, starting to trail over me, I held CJ's hand from behind me and lured him in front with a happy smile. I bent down to his level to whisper, "Go say hi to gramps." CJ giggled brightly as he ran over to my dad.

"GRANDPA!" CJ shouted, his arms out wide and ready to jump into my dad's arms. My dad's face switched from being low to immediately brighter, eyes widening and bending down to pick CJ up as soon as he crashed into his arms.

I followed behind quickly, my dad had a wide grin on his face followed by a relieved look. "Told ya' you'd find him." he said as he carried CJ. I opened my arms, holding out the blanket I wrapped around me and hugged him.

"I missed you grandpa." CJ smiled, wrapping his arms around my dad's neck.

"Missed you too little man. You okay?" My dad asked and he nodded.

"It's cold." CJ responded, his cheeks glowing with red brightly.

"CJ?" A voice asked, turning around to be met with Michonne cuddling RJ.

"Nana!" CJ exclaimed, Michonne made her way over to us with a shocked expression.

"Hey peanut.." She greeted softly, my dad handed CJ over to Michonne who took him in into her warm embrace. "So glad you're okay. I missed my baking buddy."