3.19

Our small group headed out the gates, dad whistled for Dog to join and he immediately ran up. Dog trotted alongside me, I gave my dad a smug look. "Your dog likes me more."

We didn't really speak much, mostly so we wouldn't draw attention to ourselves. But by the time it got to morning, we came across unexpected faces on our trail. I walked out of the trees to see Michonne, Judith and CJ in the wagon.

"Hi mommy!" CJ smiled.

"Anyone headed to Kingdom?" Judith asked innocently.

I smiled. "As it happens, we most certainly are." Judith and CJ smiled back.

I climbed into the back of the wagon, CJ came and sat beside me with Judith. He hugged my arm tightly.

"It's nice to see you kiddo." I wrapped and arm around CJ. "You too Judy."

"It's good to see you too." She smiled.

"I want to help." CJ said.

"I know you do." I replied. "You're doing enough just by being here. Both of you are."

"You slept at all?" I asked CJ, who's eyes were dropping.

"Yeah." He yawned. "No..."

"Get some sleep kiddo." I said. "We'll be there soon, I'll let you get as many sweets as you want."

"Mom told me not to get that many, she said she doesn't want me bouncing off the walls." Judith slumped.

"Well, since I'm your older sister and the best sister ever, I give you full permission to go crazy." I gave a sly grin, Judith grinned too before leaning on my arm.

Both kids slept until we reached the Kingdom, but that time they were both woken by me, as I got out the wagon to pick CJ up. CJ admired as the gates opened, to reveal crowds of residents into the walls. Carol and Ezekiel were also waiting.

"Aunt Carol! Uncle Zee!" He exclaimed, I chuckled quietly as he still couldn't pronounce Ezekiel's name.

I put him down onto the ground and he immediately shot towards both adults. Jumping straight into Ezekiel's arms and he lifted him up into the air with a grin.

I wandered up to Ezekiel and Carol with a smile. "Hey guys."

"Glad you could make it." Carol warmly smiled.

"Same here, I've missed this place." I responded while admiring the fair.

"This place has pissed you too." Ezekiel said and played CJ down. "I have something for you."

"That makes me nervous." I said. "What is it?"

He shuffled in his cost and pulled out a pair of black leather gloves. I had almost forgotten about my last pair, that sadly got ruined after a piece of glass cut through my hand. A small scar was left on my hand as a reminder. I distinctly remember Ezekiel promising me he'll get me a new pair.

"I promise you a new pair of gloves!"