4.2

I told them a story about Carl, before then leaving the kids to go and play. I decided to leave them and let them have their moment. I walked along the docks, seeing people catching fish and tending to their boats. I see my dad with Ezekiel, so I figured I should go up to them.

When I came into view, I heard Dog barking from behind me and came up to me. I scratched him behind the ears, "Hey buddy, I've missed you. Where did you come from?" I softly say as I pet him. I felt someone then tapping me on my back, I look behind me and it was Connie.

She greeted me with a smile and wrote on her notepad, Think he's lost something?

I nodded with a chuckle and tried my best to sign, He likes us better.

She grinned and wrote back, You're getting better, my teaching has paid off.

I smiled and signed with a shrug, I have a great teacher. I nodded her over to follow me, going up to my dad and Ezekiel to greet them.

"Hey guys!" I said, Dog trotting next to me.

"Stealin' my dog?" Dad asked, patting his chest and Dog came up to him.

Connie help up her notepad, I think you lost something.

"No, he just likes you better." My dad signed and spoke at the same time.

I turned my head to Connie giving her a smug grin, Told you. She smirked before writing again.

Not bad - you both sign with a southern accent, 

"Really?" We both ask, tilting my head. 

A bell suddenly rang in the background, I looked out to the water to see a boat. Someone was stood at the front waving at us. My dad whistled loudly and waved back.

"CAROL!" I yelled and waved.

"LILIA!" She yelled back with a quicker wave and a pleased smile.

"You're both nuts." My dad told and I nudged him.

The boat then came closer, she got off and spoke awkwardly to Ezekiel for a bit before trailing over to us.

I went over to her with my arms wide, "Aunt Carol! Oh how I've missed you." I came in for a big hug. She squeezed me tightly.

"I missed you too! God I stink of fish." She laughed and let go, my dad came up and greeted her too.

"Did ya' miss me?" She chuckled as my dad picked her up and then dropped her.

"Not really."

"I'll take that."

"We found one of their masks today." My dad eventually tells Carol, who seems to looked fumbled at first, then looked towards me to see if he was telling the truth. I had to give her a sad nod.

"Okay." Carol replied.

"RJ found it by the river earlier, could be nothin' for all we know." I shrug.