3.22

The day after everything happened, Siddiq gave a speech on what happened that day and what it meant for us all. I still hadn't found CJ. I don't know whether Alpha still has him or not, but I refuse to rest until he's found. I was out almost all night trying to find any sort of tracks on him, but the Whisperers covered them. So it got difficult each day, retracing my steps got harder and harder with the pain of losing my son, knowing he is somewhere out there breaks my heart.

I just hope he's okay, and that he knows that his mother is looking for him.

"I was there. I was taken with the others." Siddiq began his speech. "And I saw...I was supposed to die with them. I was ready to. Then Alpha whispered in my ear, 'tell them' and...took CJ with her..." He took a deep breath in as I heard some people gasp and look towards me, he looked at me for a second. My eyes watering, I gave him a subtle nod. "Something then hit me after I tried to help him, and everything went black, and when I woke up, I was alone. What happened was evil. It was evil. And I think she left me alive to tell you that story. To scare you and to drive us all apart again."

"But I want to tell you a different story," Siddiq continued. "See, before the end, Ozzy,Alec and DJ found us, and they gave us an opening and everyone fought back. They fought back like hell, and what they did was more than brave 'cause they defended each other and they sacrificed for each other and some of them...they didn't even know each other but they still fought like they did. Like they were family, 'til the very end."

"Even little CJ was a fighter, he tried to help as much as he could, I protected him and the little guy did the same for me. He's a strong fighter just like his mother." He caught my eye in the crowd again. "That's why I know he's alive. And, uh, in the end, they...their time was cut short, but ours keeps going. So we have to keep going for them and for all of us. We need to honour them. We need to honour them and we need to remember these friends, our family, died as heroes. We need to join together and search for CJ too, just like they would've wanted too."

"That's the story that I want to tell you." Siddiq said. "That's the story that I want us all to remember."

It hurt to hear him talk about CJ, but at the same time I'm glad he is helping in the search too. I sighed deeply, holding back tears that were clinging on my waterline, wiping them off as the crowd disperts. As Siddiq went down off the stage, I went up to him and he looked almost taken back that I was speaking to him.

"Lilia...I'm sorry if me talking about CJ wa-" Siddiq began, but I cut him off with a hug around his shoulders.

"Thank you." I mumbled. "I know you did everything you could." 

He wrapped his arms around me too. "We're going to find him. No matter how long it takes, we'll bring your son home." He promised, a sad smile covered my face.

But it got harder to look for CJ when winter arrived.

It almost destroyed me again when I couldn't continue to look, I could only pray that he was okay. If I've raised him correctly, then that means he's okay. That's what I told myself anyways.

For three months the storm got worse, the snow got deeper, Kingdom couldn't hold together which meant they had to abandon their home. My dad was among the group that helped people move out in this harsh winter. I was offered the chance to to go with everyone but I instantly turned it down.

Though three months have passed since CJ went missing, I never lost hope about him one day being returned home safe and sound. My dad understood that I couldn't come, he also promised he would try his best to look for CJ whilst helping the residents over to Alexandria.