LVI

The chief of the police. Chief Pratt., explained Sofia.

-Why would he be the problem?, frowned Emily, not understanding.

-Chief Pratt. Justin...Pratt., realized Olivia as she put the pieces together.

They then heard a few cars pull up.

-The chief is that asshole's father?, frowned Vanessa.

-Yes., said Sofia as she got up and looked out the window, seeing three police cars and Emily's father's car.

-What do we do?, asked Olivia, looking at her father.

-If we hide her, it'll only make things worse. We should start gathering for evidence, to prove Emily's innocence., explained Sofia, not letting Martin reply.

-But innocence for what?, frowned Emily.

The door flew open and a few cops rushed in.

-Hands where we can see them!, yelled one of them.

Emily was half-conscious on the couch.

-Don't shoot! She's lost a lot of blood!, yelled Vanessa as she stood in front of her daughter.

-Ma'am, get out of the way., said the same officer as he started walking up to them.

Then another policeman talked into his radio.

-We need an ambulance. ASAP., said the man.

-Copy that., replied a voice through the radio.

Vanessa was still standing in front of Emily.

-Ma'am, I won't ask you again., said the officer.

Martin gently grabbed Vanessa's wrist and pulled her to side. She let him, looking at her daughter. Emily was fighting to stay conscious, not fully aware of what was going on at this point.

-Liv..., said the brunette.

-I'm here. I'm here. You'll be okay., replied Olivia, holding her tears back and wishing she could comfort her girlfriend.

-Emily Quinn, you are under arrest for assault on a minor, kidnapping and hacking. You have the right to remain silence. Anything you say can and will be used against you in court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford one, then one will be provided to you., said an officer as he handcuffed her.

Emily nodded, still fighting for consciousness. The officer helped her up and walked her outside where an ambulance had finally arrived.

-She's a minor. I'm going with her., said her mother as she walked with the officer.

-Ma'am-, tried an officer.

-Don't fucking try me. I'll sue each one of you if I have to., said the mother, getting in the ambulance with Emily and a cop.

They closed the door of the ambulance and left. Olivia stayed back with her dad, Emily's dad and Sofia.

-What the actual fuck? She put herself in danger to safe Sofia and now she gets arrested for things she didn't even do!, yelled Olivia.

-It'll be okay Livy., tried her father.

-No! It's fucked up!, continued Olivia.

-I have proof., said Sofia as she was typing on her laptop.

-What?, frowned the other brunette, walking up to her and sitting down next to her.

-I have the recording of the phone call. And I might be able to access to the audio of when Emily was in the car with him., replied Sofia as she kept typing.

-Wait how-, tried Olivia.

-I got it., claimed Sofia as she looked at Olivia and played the recording.

Olivia raised her eyebrows.

-Okay, let's go to the police station., said the brunette.

-I'll drive you., replied her father.

-I'm gonna stay here and contact our lawyer, in case we need him., replied Emily's father.

Sofia got up and followed Martin and Olivia to the car. She got in and was still typing on the laptop.

-What are you doing?, asked Olivia curiously.

-I'm copying the recording into my phone. In case they take my laptop and it mysteriously disappears., replied Sofia, not looking up.

-Smart., nodded Olivia with a small smile.

They quickly arrived at the station and Olivia walked in, not giving a shit about the looks that she got, still being in her fancy outfit.

-Where's the chief?, asked Martin to a lady at the front desk.

-In his office., replied the woman, pointing at a door.

He nodded and walked to the door, knocking on it.

-Come in., said the man.

Martin opened the door, walking in, followed by Olivia and Sofia.

-What can I do for you?, asked the man.

-Release my girlfriend., said Olivia with a firm tone.

-Who are you? Who's your girlfriend? Why was she arrested?, questioned the man, straightening himself on the chair.

-Your son blamed my girlfriend. He twisted the entire story. He kidnapped Sofia, then he made Emily take Sofia's place, shooting Emily twice and then making her jump off a bridge., explained Olivia, not caring about his questions.

-That's absurd. Emily Quinn took my son into a stolen car, drove him to the bridge and then when the cops showed up, she jumped down. He tried to stop her by shooting her with her gun., replied the man.

-Bullshit. We have proof. Do you?, scoffed Sofia, joining in.

-Language., said Martin.

-Well, my son is currently in hospital because of that little brat. I consider that proof., scoffed the chief.

-Okay, then explain this., said Sofia, playing the recording of when Justin made Emily sacrifice herself for Sofia and then also hearing the gunshot. 

The man frowned.

-That can't be right., replied the chief.

-Your son has been stalking me and following me for weeks. He broke into my house a few days ago. He is obsessed. He says that he owns me and that I'm his. He wanted to force me to go on a date with him. He also tried to beat me up, with the intention to kill me, but Sofia stopped him. He's made my life a living hell and I am sick of it. So get your son under control. Drop his fucking charges. He is a liar, a manipulator and a spoiled asshole., replied Olivia, looking quite furious.

The man was lost in his thoughts.

-Liv, why didn't you tell me?, asked Martin.

-I didn't want to worry you, dad., replied Olivia with a shrug.

The chief got up. He walked out of his office and called a policeman.

-Yes sir?, asked the man.

-Where is my son?, replied the chief with yet another question.

-At the Hospital. Room 283., said the officer.

-Okay. What about the girl?, asked the chief.

-Also at the hospital. Room 201. Don't worry, she has two officers by her side at all times., replied the policeman.

The chief turned around and looked at them.

-We're heading to the hospital. Lets go., said the man as he headed out.

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨A/N: hi. life sucks. school sucks. yeah. okay. bye!