XXVII

-No, it isn't., frowned Emily.

-It is. For me it is., replied Olivia looking at her plate.

-What...you know what, you talk when you're ready, okay? I don't wanna push it., said the younger girl.

-I...It's not easy to talk about it, Em., sighed Olivia holding her tears back.

-I know, I know. But you also know that I'd never judge you and nothing you could do or say could change the way I feel about you., replied Emily.

-You don't know that., said the older girl.

-I do. I really do. I'm in love with you, Liv. I love you and I care about you. So talk to me, but only when you're ready., replied the younger brunette with a soft tone, moving her hand to Olivia's hand on the table, holding it gently.

-I don't deserve you., sighed Olivia.

-Stop. You deserve the world. You deserve to be loved. You deserve to be happy. You deserve to feel safe, Liv. I don't know what happened, and I don't want to assume anything, okay? But know that I'd never hurt you and I'd never take advantage of you., confused the younger girl.

-I know. Do you...Do you remember my old neighbor?, asked Olivia looking up at her girlfriend.

-Yeah, the blonde dude who was obsessed with cars. Yeah, I remember him., nodded Emily looking Olivia in the eyes.

-My...My bathroom...the window was...my window faced his living room. He...He was stalking me...Taking pictures...I found out. He-He said that if I...if I'd s-stop to undress in the bathroom or would hide myself, that he would- he would make many copies of my...pictures and mail them around the neighborhood. That went on f-for months. So, one day, I...I sneaked in his house. I stole the pictures and his camera. I broke his laptop. But, as I was about to walk out, I heard a car. He had returned. So, I-I hid in his closet. In there, I found at least 2 kilos of...drugs. He saw his laptop on the floor, destroyed. He opened one of his drawers, looking for the pictures a-and his camera, but they were gone. So he grabbed a knife, and walked out again. I heard him slam his front door. So I got out of the closet and I looked out the window, seeing him walk over to my house. Fortunately, no one was at my house that day, since my dad had taken my mom out on a walk after an argument. But the guy, he wasn't done with me. I walked out his backdoor and I could hear him scream things like: I'm gonna cut you open. Or: I'm gonna stab him you and kill you slowly but painfully. So I hid behind his house until he gave up and walked back to his car. He drove off, so I ran to my house, locked the door and put the pictures and the camera in my drawer. The one you opened. I had to get rid of him, s-so I called the cops. I told them about the drugs. The next morning, he was arrested. They had found 43kilos of drugs. Apparently, he was selling it to kids in our school. I...I wanted to burn those pictures. I wanted to make them disappear, b-but I couldn't. And now, they're-they're stuck in my head forever. When I look at myself in the mirror, I...I see myself through his eyes. I can feel him watching, I can feel him taking pictures. I hate it. I hate it so much. I used to love the way I looked, I always thought that I looked decent. But now, I can barely look at myself. I can barely take a shower without wanting to cry. Remember that one morning when you walked in the bathroom and I was sitting on the edge of the bathtub? I wanted to take a shower. But I was scared. I was scared that you'd walked in and see me. See my body. And I hate that I thought like that. I hate that I...that I can't feel safe in my own skin. I hate it, Em., explained Olivia, letting her tears out, not holding back anymore, not being able to stop her voice from breaking every now and then.

Emily didn't know what to say. So she got up. She walked over to her girlfriend. She pulled her up, for her to stand and she hugged her. She hugged her so tightly. She knew that no matter what she would tell Olivia, she couldn't change the way she felt. At least not instantly. So she pulled away.

-I think you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. And I'm gonna repeat that to you, every day, for the rest of my life. Even when we're 80. I will remind you, that you, Olivia, are beautiful. You may not believe me. Maybe not yet. But I hope you will someday. I hope you'll see yourself, the way that I see you. Because what I see, is a strong, independent and beautiful human being. A human being who was hurt too many times. A human being who needs affection and love. Who needs to be taught how to accept love and how to love themselves. And I'll be right next to you. Always. To help you, to support you and to make you see the truth. I'm gonna marry you. I'm gonna protect you. I'm gonna help you. But I most importantly am gonna love you. I'm gonna love you until the day I die, Olivia. I'm gonna show you how to accept love. Real love. Not Tyler's type of love. My type of love. I'm gonna treat you like the queen you are. I'm gonna cook for you as many times as you want me to. I'll...I'll do anything, to make you the happiest person alive. I love you. I really do. Please don't give up on yourself. Because I never will. That's a promise., replied the younger girl, hugging her girlfriend and keeping her close, letting her sob in her arms as she confessed to her.

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨A/N: for everyone who said yes to Smut: BONK YOU GO TO HORNY JAIL. nah, I'm kidding. I'll write smut, but it's gonna take a few chapters. I don't know what I have planned for this right now, I literally improvised the whole chapter and I'm sorry if it's a mess. Anyways, love y'all so much and thank you for 20k! Byyye