XLVI

What an odd kid. She chuckled at that thought and clicked on Sofia's profile. She was younger than her. Two years. But something was off with the account. Yet, Olivia couldn't tell what. That's when Emily showed up with the sandwich. 

-Here you go, Liv., said Emily placing the sandwich on the nightstand next to Olivia.

-Thank you, Em., smiled the older brunette tiredly.

Emily sat down next to her. 

-Eat. Please?, sighed the younger girl.

Olivia looked at the sandwich and sighed. She had just puked and wasn't hungry at all. But she once again knew that she needed to eat. So she grabbed the sandwich and took a bite. She swallowed and looked at Emily.

-Remember the girl who saved me from Justin?, wondered Olivia.

-Yeah, Sofia. Why are you asking?, asked Emily looking at her girlfriend.

-She followed me on insta and I followed her back., said the older girl.

-Oh nice. She seems like a good person. Why are you telling me this?, said her girlfriend, moving a strand of hair away from Olivia's face, tugging it behind her ear.

-Something is weird about her account. I mean, I think she might have just created it? Like, there are no pictures, she doesn't follow anyone and no one follows her. Even her profile is just a turtle., frowned Olivia, handing her phone to Emily.

The younger girl grabbed her phone and looked at the profile.

-Yeah, it is weird. But I heard that she changed from school? Who knows, maybe she's in like a conservative and hadn't had a phone before? Or maybe her parents didn't have the money to give her a phone? There are so many possibilities Liv., said Emily handing her the phone back. 

-Yeah, I guess you're right. I guess I was simply intrigued by it. We have no infos about her. She just shows up at school in the middle of the year, saving my butt and talking to you in the same day. What if...what if my mom sent her? What if this is some sick and twisted game? Or what if she's with Justin?, rambled Olivia, looking at the profile, getting lost in her thoughts.

-Babe, look at me., said Emily, placing her hand on Olivia's cheek gently.

The older girl obeyed and looked up at her girlfriend.

-Close your eyes and take a deep breath., whispered the younger brunette.

Olivia sighed and nodded. She closed her eyes, relaxing a bit and then taking a deep breath. She opened her eyes again and looked at Emily.

-I'll look into it, okay? But I doubt that she's with either of them., said Emily with a soft tone.

-You probably think that I'm going crazy.,chuckled Olivia sadly.

-Hey, no. I don't. I understand why you'd be suspicious of her. Or of literally anyone who'll enter your life from now on. But I'll show you that not everyone is out to get you. Okay?, smiled the younger girl as she leaned down and pecked Olivia's forehead.

-Thank you. I love you so much. I don't know what I would do without you., confessed the older brunette.

-I love you too. Now, eat. I'll grab my laptop and make some researches, yeah?, suggested Emily already getting up.

-Okay., nodded Olivia, taking another bite.

Emily sat down next to her girlfriend and opened her laptop. She started by simply googling Sofia's entire name. Sofia Wylie. She didn't find anything major. Apparently she was in a dance school before joining their school. It would explain why they had never seen her before. But then Emily found an old article of a "Christmas miracle in Arizona". She clicked on it and started reading it. It was a newspaper of a tragedy and miracle. A dance studio burned down. Fortunately it was at night, so there weren't any students around. Except for one. 13 year old Sofia Wylie. And you can guess who were the two teachers with her. Her own parents. There was a candle accident. The studio was caught in flames and there was no hope. No escape. But, little Sofia somehow survived. Emily kept reading. The girl had apparently hidden behind a thick metal board that saved her life but also burned her all over her upper body. The girl was put into foster care since her family accused her of murdering her own parents. The parents had apparently not been the nicest and they knew that she would either run away or get rid of them. But video footage showed that it was all just an accident. Yet the family was still not convinced. Emily raised her eyebrows and looked at Olivia. 

-Liv, she's no danger. Here., said the younger girl, moving the screen to the side for Olivia to read.

Olivia started reading and frowned. She took it all in and tried to process all of that. 

-Foster care. That would explain why she didn't have a phone before. I feel so sorry for her., sighed Olivia looking down but also feeling ashamed that she thought those horrible things about an innocent girl who went through a lot more than she might have ever imagined.

-Yeah, me too. I hope she has a good foster family., admitted Emily.

-Have you seen how fucked up the system is here? Man, that poor girl., said Olivia.

-Hey, how about we eat lunch with her on Monday? Oh wait. Right. We're probably suspended for speaking the truth. I mean, even with Miss Anastasia gone, the next principal is still gonna punish me., cussed Emily, looking down.

-You really think that your parents are going to let that happen? They might always annoy you and ask you about your grades, but they sure as hell care about them. They'll make sure that you'll go to school on Monday., chuckled Olivia.

-They'll make sure that WE'll go to school on Monday., smiled Emily softly.

-Right. We., smiled Olivia, looking up at her girlfriend.

-Okay, now eat your damn sandwich. Hobi was giving me heart eyes while making it. Don't make me regret that I didn't give it to him by not eating it., joked Emily poking Olivia's cheek.

-Yes mom., said Olivia rolling her eyes.

-Stop calling me that., scoffed Emily giving her a fake glare.

-Nope, I don't think I ever will., chuckled the older girl.

-You're a dork. Now eat., smiled other brunette, so Olivia did as told and ate her sandwich.

Emily then got an email.

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨A/N: sorry for taking so long. I haven't found the motivation or creativity to update or write anything. I don't know how long it'll take me to write the next chapter. I also don't know when or how I'll finish this book. anyways, I hope you enjoy. see you next time :)