XXXIII

The knob then turned.

The girls looked at the door that opened revealing a woman, who was obviously confused.

-What are you girls doing in my closet?, asked the woman.

-I'm gay, I'm allowed in the closet., smiled Emily.

-Em, shut up., chuckled Olivia hitting her head playfully.

-I'm waiting for a real answer., continued the woman rolling her eyes with a little smile.

-Yeah, so, my father was recently in a coma and he just woke up, so I got overwhelmed and needed a moment of silence. She just joined me to check on me., lied Olivia.

-Oh. Well, I am happy to hear that your father is awake., smiled the woman.

-Yeah., nodded Olivia awkwardly while Emily just stood there, looking at the two.

-Can you leave now? I need to change into my work clothes. My shift is about to start., explained the woman.

-Well, of course madam Florence., smiled Emily that turned into a little smirk as she read the woman's name.

The girls walked out, leaving the woman alone. Olivia had a funny frown on her face and looked at her girlfriend.

-What was that?, chuckled Olivia.

-What?, frowned Emily confused.

-"Well of course madam Florence" and then your smirk?, explained the older girl.

-Ohhh, nothing. I am just friendly., shrugged the other brunette.

-Em, you smirked., smiled Olivia amused.

-Oh shut up, she reminded me of our school's secretary, that's all., chuckled Emily looking at her girlfriend.

-Oh, the one who flirts with you., smirked Olivia.

-She doesn't flirt with me. She teases me. It's not the same thing., scoffed the younger girl.

-She's what? 24? She's pretty, and pretty gay. I mean, did you see her little pansexual flag on her phone case?, wondered the other brunette.

-The what now? Nah, you're dreaming. And anyways, I only have eyes for you., smiled Emily.

-Well, that would be true if you weren't so blind., smirked Olivia.

-Hey, I only have to wear glasses when I am tired and reading! I am not blind., pouted the brunette.

-Whatever., chuckled Olivia walking with her girlfriend, joining Darla who was sitting on the chair in the hallway by her father's room.

-Oh come on., pouted Emily once again.

-Awww, my poor baby., smiled the older girl.

Emily's face went red and she gulped, which confused the brunette.

-What?, chuckled Olivia.

-You-You called me baby., said Emily.

-Mhm, I also called you poor, what's your point?, joked the older girl.

-Very funny., scoffed Emily turning around wanting to walk away or turn her shoulder on Olivia.

But Olivia grabbed her hand and pulled her back.

-No, come on, tell me., smiled the brunette.

-I...I don't know...I think I got like butterflies in my stomach when you...when you called me baby. Is that weird?, hesitated the younger girl.