XVII

Fuck.

-Em, can you pause the movie real quick?, asked Olivia.

-Oh come on, this is my favorite part., pouted Emily.

-Emily, please just do it., said the older brunette more seriously.

-What's wrong?, frowned Emily hearing her full name and seeing her girlfriend's expression.

She paused movie.

-I don't know. My aunt told me to call her., replied Olivia.

Olivia dialed her number and called her. It didn't take more than a few seconds for her aunt to reply.

-Liv, honey. It's about your dad., started her aunt.

-You're scaring me., admitted the brunette.

-He's in hospital. He's fighting for his life. Your mother, she...she hurt him. But for real this time. The police is looking for her, but she ran away from home. Where are you?, said the aunt through the phone.

Olivia had stopped listening when she heard that she father was in hospital and in danger. Emily took over.

-Hello auntie Beck. It's Emily. She's at my house and she's safe., replied the brunette.

-Oh Emily. You're her guardian angel. If she had been at home, it could have been her in hospital right now. Please lock all your door and windows. We don't know what her mother is capable of. She stabbed him in his right lung and we don't know if he'll survive. Just keep Livy safe. Are your parents home?, rambled the aunt.

-No, they're on a business trip but they'll be back in three days. Don't worry about us. I can keep Liv safe. Just keep us updated on her father's condition please., replied Emily.

-Of course. Thank you, Emily., said the aunt.

-Bye now., said Emily hanging up the phone.

Olivia had been sitting there, looking at the wall, lost in her thoughts.

-Liv?, tried Emily but no reaction.

Emily simply pulled her in for a hug, the older girl wrapping her arms around her and hugging her tighter, sobbing into her girlfriend's arms. Emily didn't know how to comfort her, so she just kept hugging her the best she could. After a few minutes passed and the sobs turned into breathing, Emily pulled away slowly.

-I want to go see him., said Olivia, pain filling her voice.

-We'll go tomorrow, I promise., swore Emily.

-No, please. I want to go now. Please., pleaded the older girl looking Emily in the eyes.

-Okay. Okay. We'll go. We'll call your aunt our way there to know where we have to go. But Liv, we have to be careful. Your mom is still out there. We need to be extremely cautious. She knows that you're here. She could show up and seeing an empty house, breaking in and waiting for us to return. She's dangerous. She stabbed your father with the intention of killing him., explained the younger girl.

-I know. And we take Hobi with us. She's sick enough to murder a dog., replied Olivia getting the dog's attention.

-Okay. Then let's go., nodded Emily getting up followed by Olivia.

The younger girl grabbed the keys to her car and unlocked the front door, while Olivia grabbed Hobi's leash to use later on in the hospital. They walked out of the house together, Emily quickly locking the front door and then joining her girlfriend in her car. Hobi was laying on the backseats. She started the engine and drove off. Olivia stared out of the window, overthinking the situation and Emily knew it. She needed to distract her. She turned the radio on. If we have each other by Alec Benjamin was playing. Olivia didn't react to the music still looking outside. But not lost in her thoughts anymore. She turned around looking behind their car, seeing a black Audi following them.

-Em, the car behind us. Are you able to read the plate?, asked the older girl.

-No, why?, frowned Emily.

-I think it's her., replied Olivia scared.

-Okay. Okay. Well, how about we call your aunt? We are driving to the hospital and I am sure there are some officers back there looking for your mom. If she follows us, they'll be able to catch her., suggested the brunette.

-My mom is crazy, but not dumb. She won't follow us there., admitted the older girl.

-Yeah, I figured. I have an idea but you're not going to like it., replied Emily.

-What?, frowned Olivia.

-We pretend that we have to tank up. You go inside to pay and she'll follow you. But I'll follow her, not letting her hurt you., suggested Emily.

-She has a knife. She has possibly a gun because dad always kept a gun in his car. We are not doing that., refused Olivia.

-We can't let her get away, Liv., replied the younger girl.

-Emily, I said no., repeated the other brunette.

-Okay. Call your aunt, I'll do the talking., said Emily.

Olivia didn't question it and did as told, putting the phone on speaker.

-Hello?, said the aunt.

-Hey, it's Emily again. Listen, we are on our way to the hospital and before you get angry at how stupid we are, we found her mother. She's following us with her black Audi. Tell the officers at the hospital to meet us at the Mc Donalds drive thru in 5 minutes., said Emily.

-I told you to keep her safe and now you pull this! You're lucky that you're smart. I'll tell them, but be careful., sighed the aunt hanging up.

-Are you sure this will work?, asked Olivia worried.

-We have to try, Liv. I won't let her hurt you, I promise., replied Emily.

-I trust you, Em., said Olivia truthfully.

-Alright. Let's do this., said the younger girl driving in the drive thru.

Hopefully the officers would be fast enough and be there soon. They can't stall forever.

————————————————————————
A/N: hiiii, sorry i haven't updated in a while. it's time for some drama xoxo