VIII

-Wait what?, frowned Emily genuinely surprised.

-Well, he asked me to get back together and I told him I'd think about and I don't see any reason why I should not do it., shrugged Olivia.

-I mean, sure. I'm sure being with someone you don't love will totally make you happy., said the younger girl sarcastically as she opened the fridge.

-Says you., scoffed Olivia sitting on the sofa and looking at her best friend.

-What's that supposed to mean?, asked Emily closing the fridge holding a soda can.

-Oh come on, you met Anne this morning and you guys are already together? You guys are going way too fast and there's no way you love her without even knowing her., argued the older brunette.

-You wanna talk about "going way too fast"? I'm sorry but correct me if I'm wrong. Didn't you lose your virginity 3 days after meeting Tyler? Hm? I mean, it's your life and your body, but don't tell me I'm going too fast while you fucked a boy you barely knew., replied the other girl.

-Fuck you, Emily., said Olivia getting up from the sofa, grabbing her backpack and walking to the door.

-Hey, where do you think you're going?, asked Emily immediately walking to her.

-I'm leaving. I am not staying here listening to you judging me and you not knowing what you're talking about., said the brunette with tears in her eyes.

-You're not going anywhere. You can scream at me as much as you want, you can hate me as much as you desire, but I'm not letting you back to your place. So put the bag down and stop yourself before I have to stop you., replied Emily, her both hands on Olivia's arms.

-I don't want to see or hear you right now! Let me leave!, yelled Olivia.

-I'll leave you alone but I'm not letting you go back there. So calm down, go upstairs if you want and I'll leave you alone., suggested the younger girl.

-I hate you., said the other brunette, her voice shaking and her eyes filled with tear, putting her bag down and walking away.

Emily sighed and let her walk upstairs, not wanting to upset her even more. Olivia was angry but why was she crying? Why did it affect her so much? Sure, hearing her best friend saying such a thing is hurtful, but Emily knew that there was more to it. She also knew that Olivia needed space, so she decided to leave her alone for a bit. Emily distracted herself, trying to find something to do. Olivia was in Emily's room, well not in it, but on the roof from where she had sneaked in the previous night. She was sad and heartbroken, but mostly mad. Not at Emily, no, but at herself. Of course she didn't want to get back together with Tyler. She wanted Emily. But she can't just walk up to her and be like: hey, I've like you for the longest time, wanna go on a date and be a couple? What would Emily say? Maybe if she had had the balls to ask her before Anne showed up, she would have said yes, but now? There's no hope left. They had been quiet for almost 2 hours when Emily knocked on her room's door. No answered so the brunette opened it slowly, seeing the window open and her best friend sitting and looking at the fields behind the house. Emily didn't want to scare her, so she closed the door loud enough for Olivia to hear. The older brunette turned around, seeing her best friend looking back at her. She turned back around, looking at the calm nature. Emily walked through her room and climbed out the window, joining Olivia, not saying a word. She didn't want Olivia to get upset again, so she gave her the time she needed until she finally broke the silence.

-Yes, I did it with Tyler three days after meeting him., said Olivia.

Emily looked up at her, knowing that she wasn't done talking.

-But not because I wanted to., continued Olivia.

Emily frowned, not understanding what she meant.

-I showed up at his house after my mom had thrown me out, because you were gone with your family on some vacation. He gave me a drink, and he drank himself. And then another. And another. We were both extremely drunk, when he kissed me. The kiss lead to other things and without being fully aware, we were about to do it. He asked me if I wanted to, and I said yes. Not because I wanted to do it, but because I wanted to feel something. I was tired of feeling numb and lost. I wanted to feel something real, so I thought that if I'd do that, I'd finally feel something again, whether it was pain or pleasure. I needed to feel something. So I said yes., explained the older brunette as some tear dropped down her face.

-Oh Liv..., started Emily hugging her beside from the side, Olivia turning around to face her and hugged her tightly.

Emily rocked their aligned bodies, rubbing her back gently and letting her sob into her shoulder. She didn't know what to say, but she knew she had to say something.

-Look at me., whispered the younger brunette, making Olivia pull away.

-I'm sorry that I said that earlier. I didn't know-, tried Emily.

-Because I didn't want you to know. I was so embarrassed. I wanted to disappear., replied the other brunette.

-Don't be embarrassed. I understand why you did it. It was stupid, yes, but it's understandable. Don't be so hard on yourself. It happened and you can't undo it., said Emily softly looking down at her best friend who was still crying lightly.

-I wish I could., sniffed Olivia.

-Why?, frowned the younger girl.

-Because, I wanted my first time to be special and with someone I love., replied the brunette looking down.

-Losing your virginity is a social construct, Liv. First time or not, every time you make love, it's different, whether it's your 50th time or your 2nd time. It's always unique. You didn't lose your virginity because it's not real. The only thing you lost that night, is the bet we made 4 years ago., replied Emily making Olivia chuckled lightly.

-Thank Em. And how do you know so much about it? You've never done., wondered the older brunette.

-I read a lot when I can't sleep., shrugged the other teenager smiling.

-Mhmmm., replied Olivia.

-Let's go inside. How about we order pizza at your favorite Italian restaurant and have a movie night. I'll even let you choose the movie., suggested the younger girl.

-Even if I want to watch Tangled?, smirked Olivia.

-Yes, even if you want to watch Tangled for the 47th time., sighed Emily.

-You've counted all the times we've watched it?, giggled the older girl.

-Well yes, so when we''ll reach 50 times, I'll send you to a mental hospital to get your brain checked., joked Emily.

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨

A/N: Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, idk what to say lol, expect for the fact that this was pure improvisation, I did not know what I would write when I started the chapter so I guess this is what you'll get :)

Dear Best Friend// Olivia Rodrigo x Emilyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें