XIX

They drove to the hospital as fast as possible, trying not to go above the speed limits. Emily parked the car as close to the entrance as possible and together they entered the building. Olivia immediately walked up to the receptionist.

-I'm here for my father. He was brought in a few hours ago. He was stabbed?, tried the brunette.

-Visit hours are over. I'm sorry kid., apologized the woman.

-They're with me., said a voice from behind them.

Olivia turned around seeing her aunt and hugging her.

-I'm so happy to see you. You too Emily. Wait. Is that blood?, frowned the older woman.

-We came across my mom. Emily saved me, but she managed to give me a few scratches. Can you ask for someone to take a look at Em's hand please?, asked the older brunette.

-Yes, of course. Nurse! This young lady was hurt. Please take care of her., said the aunt as she got a nurse's attention.

-Yes ma'am. Follow me., nodded the young nurse.

Olivia looked at Emily, not really wanting to leave her alone.

-It's okay. I'm okay. Go take care of your dad., smiled the younger girl softly.

-Okay. Okay. Thank you, Em. For everything., replied Olivia hugging her and then placing a kiss on her cheek.

-Now go., chuckled Emily.

Olivia nodded and left with her hand who had a questioning look at what just happened. Emily followed the nurse who took care of her hand, leaving her with a bandage. As Olivia entered the room, she saw her dad laying on the bed, unconscious with tiny tubes in his nose. She tried to hold back her tears, clenching her jaw, but she failed. The tears came out without a warning. She walked up to him and grabbed his hand gently.

-I'm so sorry I left you. I should never have left. If I had stayed, you wouldn't be here. You wouldn't be fighting for your life. I'm so sorry dad. This is my fault., sobbed the young brunette as she looked down, the tears falling down her cheeks.

-Honey, you're lucky that you weren't there. This could have been you-, tried the aunt.

-This SHOULD HAVE been ME!, replied Olivia.

-Don't say that., frowned the older woman.

-I would rather I'd be laying there fighting for my life than seeing my dad like this. It should have been me. It should have been me!, continued Olivia, tears falling down her face.

Emily heard the cries as she walked through the hallway looking for her girlfriend. She could recognize those cries anywhere. She followed them until she was in front of the door.

-Stop it. Calm down. Don't say such things., tried the aunt again.

-No! Don't tell me to calm down! My mother stabbed my father! How am I supposed to be calm!, argued Olivia.

Emily didn't waste a second and opened the door, seeing her girlfriend looking angrily at her aunt. 

-Emily, can you please wait outside?, asked the woman.

Emily looked at Olivia who didn't say anything so she simply nodded and left the room, closing the door.

-Stop blaming yourself. This is not your fault. I get that you're angry, but do not raise your voice at me., replied the aunt.

-You're also to blame. You knew how fucked up my mom is. You knew and you didn't do anything to help dad. You just let him live with her. You never consulted him. You never tried to convince him to leave. No. All you cared about was to be the next in line to take over the family business, leaving dad with no other choice but to choose mom over work because you took his place. If you didn't throw him out. If you didn't fire him because he arrived late most of the days BECAUSE OF MY MOM, then he wouldn't have been forced to stay with her. We would have had enough money to leave. We would have had enough money to escape. But you never thought about it, did you!, replied Olivia getting worked up.

-I said do not raise your voice!, yelled the aunt which made Olivia flinch.

Emily opened the door, seeing Olivia's body tensed, frowned and looked at the woman.

-I think it's time you leave., said the young brunette.

-No. This is my brother and my niece. You wouldn't be allowed in here without me., replied the aunt.

-It wasn't a question. Leave., repeated Emily.

-Who do you think you are to order me around?, scoffed the older woman.

-A few minutes ago, I stopped a knife with my own hand, giving me this beautiful scar. Do not test me while I'm still on that adrenaline., said the brunette.

-Is that supposed to scare me?, frowned the aunt.

-Just leave., said Olivia looking down.

Emily sighed, being tired of it and walked up to the woman, grabbing her arm, twisting it behind her back and pushing her out of the room.

-Have a nice evening., said Emily before closing the door and locking it.

The younger brunette walked up to her girlfriend, who was quietly sobbing.

-L-Leave., repeated the older brunette.

-She's gone, Liv., whispered the younger girl.

-Leave. You too., said Olivia.

-What?, frowned Emily.

-Leave!, yelled the older brunette.

-Liv, don't be like that., tried the other girl.

-I don't want to see you. I don't want to see anyone. Just leave., repeated the older brunette not looking at her girlfriend.

Emily clenched her jaw and nodded, even if Olivia couldn't have seen it. She walked out of the room and closed the door, sitting on a chair in the hallway. She knew that Olivia didn't mean it. She knew that she was just overwhelmed with the situation and needed to let it out somehow. She would give her some time and space and then check on her again. She grabbed her phone, texting her mom on what happened, for her mom to send excuses to their school, that they won't be present the two next days. The mother of course agreed, not asking any further questions. She then added that they'd be back in two days, it being the earliest flight back home they could have booked. That got Emily nervous. She still wasn't out to her parents. She really needed to have a serious talk with them. Suddenly, her eyelids started getting heavy. She eventually fell asleep on the chair, meeting her dreams, while Olivia was still whispering things to her father.

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨A/N: sorry that I haven't updated in a while, I didn't really have the motivation, and idk if I'm fully back so no high expectations please. anyways, enjoy this mess and let me know what you think!