letter thirty five

dear nishimura riki,

i think i do have the answer now as to what changed. and i have to write it because i can never share it to anyone but you, and i'm sure you'll never feel hurt about it.

you are, after all, is just person to admire that was becoming a friend to me nowadays.

and there you were that day, smiling with everyone else. this time, only a background character in my own story.

this time, you're the one watching me find my happiness.

and the feelings that i've been missing from you in the past few months, it had return. but not for you anymore.

it seems like i've already gotten my wish from before.

the feelings. the indescribable feelings. those feelings that makes my heart burst and my whole being melting into nothing but this unknowable happiness.

it was all so foreign to me as he confess.

"i like you, y/n. no - not simply like, i am in love with you eversince. and i just hold back from knowing you liked somebody else", eiji confessed to me, his dark round eyes piercing through my soul.

and it was just then that i have come to realized why your recognition towards me didn't affect me.

it's been a month of a restless night pondering about it.. too many nights and hours to realize why my heart doesn't skip a beat anymore for you.

it was because i was falling for this lovely person who've noticed me when you don't. because my heart was captured by this guy who wears a ridiculous smile and had not left my side since his first day in this school.

maybe all those conversation and him being there all the time, he had become that person i love.

this person is ready to catch me when i fall while i have long gone beg of you to take notice of my existence.

this person is ready to risk anything for me. like you once did for that girl.

so when he asked me if i could be his, i undoubtedly agreed. and you were there undoubtedly happy for us.

and that's what matters, everyone is happy.

your secret admirer,
y/n l/n