letter one

dear nishimura riki,

listening to sad songs such as you broke me first by tate mcrae is probably one of my coping mechanisms.

don't get me wrong. i have never broken up with anyone. but nothing more than the what those melancholic songs can describe this gut wrenching feeling steering inside my chest is. it's a heartbreak - most probably.

everything just made sense whenever i listen to it. every lines along the melodious tune goes with the beat of my heart, the words i could not speak out is leave out in the open.

it was my own version of dedicating it to the boy who will never feel the same.

as always, i plugged in my earphones and the song was blasting in my ears as i stared at you from the back of the school bus.

you were laughing with your bestfriends. probably because of something funny they said or something else entirely that i probably would never know.

i could only stare and observe you from my seat, hidden among the much more older and taller students.

there's nothing wrong with just staring, right? seeing you honestly brightens my day.

time passed by and i was left there like relic left alone from centuries behind, wondering when would the time come that we all get off this bus and i won't just have to stare at you, hoping you'll one day look back.

i was wondering when you would somehow noticed me existence.

they said if a person look back, they feel the same thing.

they might not know it yet, but soon they will.

the problem is, you never did.

your secret admirer,
y/n l/n