-Is humanity the Real Sanity? by blackpumpkin [Reviewer Lals]

Book Name: Is Humanity the Real Sanity?

Author: @blackpumpkin

Reviewer: @Chaotic_Lals

Cover: 02/05

The cover wasn't exactly visually appealing. The fonts did not go with the theme of the background. The same goes for the author's handle — it looks awkward. As for the figure, it looks out of place, especially with the circle behind it. The elements do not go with each other in the cover. In terms of relevance, I believe the cover doesn't really give that 'dramatic' vibe the title gives. So I think you could work on that?

Title: 04/05

To be honest, I like the title. I think it's relevant enough to the plot of the book. Even though the book hasn't really taken that actual turn to the plot, I feel it coming (don't ask me how, please). So yes, good job~

Synopsis: 06/10

Ah, there's a lot going on in the synopsis, isn't there? Before I get into the main part, I want to mention that for the synopsis of a book, only a peek into the book is to be there. After the blurb, you've added a disclaimer too. That should be there within the book — not in the blurb. The credits and related aspects are fine, but nothing other than that. When you write a book, present it like you'd write an actual hardcopy of it, hm?

Now getting into the errors, you have to pay attention the commas to be used. I've explained this further into the review. Apart from that, I think you need to provide more clarity to ideas to try to convey in the synopsis, you know? I don't mean that you need to reveal things — it's that some parts of the synopsis are unclear. For instance, take the very first line. You say that the protagonist tortures people 'for fun', but then you mention that she does it for a reason. That doesn't really go well, right? Then, capitalization. You unnecessarily used caps for the terms 'herself' and 'insane', when you could just have just used italics.

These errors aside, the synopsis doesn't reveal too much, and not too little either. It was just right. So good job!

Execution: 04/10

In the beginning of each chapter, you give this poetic verse, which I find very creative. However, in some chapters, their structure seems a bit off, you know? Like, you break them off to the next line, in the wrong places, and it kind of ruins that 'flow'. So I think you need to be a bit more careful?

Overall, the execution could've been way better, considering the good plot. It goes for all the aspects of the book, excluding the title.

Plot: 13/20

The plot was good, to be honest. Even though it isn't exactly something 'new', you had a good idea on how to execute it. Many a times, I just felt that you kept on lagging it. Also, must I mention, the grammar & the writing style as a whole kind of overshadowed the plot, you know? Like, it was hard to comprehend things.