-13th October taetae_army_luv [Rev. Lals]

Book Name: 13th October

Author: taetae_army_luv

Reviewer: Lals Chaotic_Lals

Cover: 01/05

To be honest, the only thing I like about the cover is the face claim you used. For the rest of the part, everything from the amount of elements, to its concept, to the fonts, to the effects you used are mundane. First off, the author’s handle looks out of place given its color and font. Also, I think a nickname would go better than your username (especially since you use underscores). Then, the font of the title. It doesn’t suit the cover. Plus, you missed out on the ‘th’ of ‘13th’; I don’t know if you did that for aesthetic purposes or just missed it, but either way, it’s incorrect.

The top of the cover looks way to empty. Going for a simple cover is completely fine, but as of now, the cover is mundane. Not simple. You could’ve added more elements.

Also, the cover doesn’t suit the book. The book opts for a more dramatic theme. And this cover? A big no-no.

Title: 03/05

The title was good, to be honest. I expected the book to be good with a dramatic plot . . . but it didn’t really meet them. Thing is, you could’ve opted for something that’d suit the book better, you know? Something that’d portray its plot in a much better way.

Synopsis: 02/10

The synopsis, to be frank, is not at all insightful. I mean, both the synopsis and the title tells you that the book is about what happened on the 13th of October. But what is the book’s concept? What is the book’s genre? How are the characters portrayed? The synopsis in my opinion, doesn’t give any sort of insight into the book. It doesn’t really make me want to read the book either. It’s good to have dialogues in the synopsis— but make sure that it also has some good body to it. The current synopsis isn’t entrancing. There were plenty of punctuational errors too.

Execution: 02/10

Poor. Don’t mistake me for being rude. I’m just being utterly honest here. Everything from the cover, to the synopsis, to the writing style, to your grammar, is poor. The only thing I actually liked about your book is its plot. I’ve explained more on this in the coming categories. 

You should avoid using extra spaces in the book. Like, if you want to create suspense, use an ellipsis. Why so much empty space. It ruins the flow.

To be frank, I wanted to stop reading right after the second chapter.

Plot: 11/20

While the plot wasn’t something I’d wow at, it still was good. I’ve read books with similar plots before. I think the book would actually good if you just erect your writing style and grammar (along with its synopsis and cover, of course). Some scenes were a bit unrealistic, though, and there some parts that was a tad bit too predictable or just unnecessary filler, you know what I mean?