-True beauty #2 by pepper_minth [Rev. Suzy]

Book Name: True Beauty #2

Author: Pepper_minth

Reviewer: Suzy

Cover: 03/05

The cover is good, gives the soft peaceful vibes and true beauty kdrama feels. Just that the title can be adjusted a bit more properly and adding a subtitle with a dialogue from the book would make it more interesting.

Title: 2.5/05

Since you went with your own twist in a part 2 of the kdrama, It's a good title but does your book actually talk about true beauty? Is it based on the plot where a person goes through social stereotypes and judgements? The female lead is supposedly naturally beautiful as well so as a reviewer, I would expect the story title and the story plot to be extremely related to each other, mutual. I hope you get my point, though the title 'True Beauty #2' might get you some audience, it would distract the readers from knowing the real plot or storyline. 

Synopsis: 3/10

They say, always keep some cards hidden up your sleeve, and that's what you exactly need to learn. Don't spoil your story by mentioning almost everything about it in the description, keep it as intriguing and suspenseful as possible. Also, do use key dialogues from the book as they aid in making the book description better.

Execution: 04/10

The biggest issue with writing in first person POV is that you have to reveal all of their emotions and unless you have your way with words you cannot keep it interesting. The pov feels dry, it's as if I'm sitting and listening to someone narrating their life without any sort of interest. Also, the first chapter matters the most, you should try your best to not start with the female lead waking up or walking down the street. Write a rather interesting and unexpected beginning. 

Plot: 08/20

Not gonna say much here, the plot is simple, usually with none to few plot twists. To be honest, you have told 90% of the story in description itself, would it still keep the readers interested? I doubt that. Even if you're writing an extremely cliché and predictable book, you should know how to keep the readers hooked to the book. Do work more on the creativity part and show your readers more unexpected twists. I don't mean to say there isn't anything new, the female lead's father getting sick and the story switching from a cute school love story to a strong female CEO was unexpected and a good turning point. 

Writing Style: 06/20

All I would say is that you have a long way ahead, you need to work on your grammar and alot on your dialogues. Few of your dialogues are interesting but I'd be expecting more in the future. Try to use rare and perfect adjectives whenever possible to describe the situation better and instead of using GIFs to portray the expressions, try to describe them on your own. 

Grammar & Vocabulary: 8/20

missing words.

The chapters need proofreading because you miss out words mid-sentence.

Ex 1: I was entering the building when see Kai

Usage of short forms like 'idk' or 'wtf' . Unless the character is texting someone, you don't use such abbreviations.

Excess and wrong usage of Ellipsis 

Ellipsis or the three dots are used to show a pause, uncertainty, hesitation and to shorten the sentence but you have used them at places where it isn't actually necessary. Also, as I mentioned it's 3 dots (...) so when you do use an ellipsis make sure that there are only 3 dots not more than that.

Ex: "It was near the office….." : "It was near the office." In case, if the speaker is hesitating: "It was near the office…"

Use the question mark first and then the exclamation mark. Also, avoid using lots of exclamation marks, one is enough.

Ex: "South Korea!? Me too!!" : "South Korea?! Me too!"

You need to work a lot on your vocabulary, yes your writing style is simple but it makes the chapters dry when the language is too simple. Plus, there are lack of descriptions.

Characters & Development: 04/10

I loved how Jennie changed from a Lovesick puppy to a strong and determined woman, though the character development was too fast, you could've slowed down the process a little. I don't see any other character undergoing major character development since the book got only 15 chapters yet, hoping that you'd work on Han Seojun's character and others as well. Not all of the characters are interesting, probably because nobody got a back story except Han Seojun which True Beauty watchers are already aware of, but what about other readers? I'd advise you to write a little more about Lim Ju Kyeong and Seojun's past, for the readers who didn't know the backstory too well. 

Total: 38.5/100

Final Note: Do take my criticism constructively and work on the aspects mentioned. Thank you.