-Talk fast by lilchenette [Rev. May]

Book: Talk Fast || p

Book: Talk Fast || p.jm

Author: lilchenette

Reviewer: May

........................

• TOTAL MARKS- 66.5/①⓪⓪

|- 3/⑤ ᴍᴀʀᴋs ғᴏʀ ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴ.

I didn’t see much interactions in your book. A few readers commented but I feel if it was more exposed then you might gain more readers.

|-  7/①⓪ ᴍᴀʀᴋs ғᴏʀ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴄᴏᴠᴇʀ.

The cover is really eye-catching with Jimin taking up most of the cover space but I cannot see the author's name properly and it looks really empty too. Add something like 'A Park Jimin Story' or something like that in serif fonts or fonts of this type. 

|- 3/⑤ ᴍᴀʀᴋs ғᴏʀ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴅᴇsᴄʀɪᴘᴛɪᴏɴ.

First of all it's really small, add in a sneak peak of their conversation at first then write what you wrote and also write 'no kissing' instead of 'kissing' only. It even reveals the plot a bit, the part that we know the lead female will break those rules. 

|- 8.5/①⓪ ᴍᴀʀᴋs ғᴏʀ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴛɪᴛʟᴇ.

I don't know why but it feels a bit weird to say the title, as if the grammar is wrong and I don't think it goes with the plot, unless, of course, the lead female is a talkative person and she gets in trouble for it. Also write p.jm in caps like this 'P.JM.'

|- 7.5/①⓪ ᴍᴀʀᴋs ғᴏʀ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴘʟᴏᴛ.

The timing for when Ashley got fired and when she got accepted as translator was so natural but then again it looks like a read a similar plot in wattpad a long time ago, maybe it was your book that I read or maybe not but your plot sounds nice and the flow is good as well. Keep it up. 

|- 13/②⓪ ᴍᴀʀᴋs ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴀᴍᴍᴀʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴠᴏᴄᴀʙᴜʟᴀʀʏ.

Punctuation is wrong in some places like 'This bangtan would be in Los Angeles for two months rather than a few weeks. Performing at the BBMS…' here after weeks, there should have been a comma and also do mention how many weeks as you did change the 'few weeks' to a numerical month (two months). Also don't write 24/7, write twenty-four by seven, it makes it look nicer. Typos and words missing like here 'But this time is different' there should have been a comma after time and then 'it'. Do not be informal in narration, use "Don't", "can't", etc in dialogues only. Also the B in bangtan should be in caps as it's a name. You are supposed to use a comma when the speaking and the dialogue are from the same person like for example '"I love you," she said.' and a full stop when the Dialogue and action ain't the same like for example '"I hate you." I rolled my eyes at her ridiculous statement.' I have seen many punctuation mistakes like this in your book so when you proof-read your chapters, don't forget to fix them too. Comma is also used to give a slight pause in a sentence, in some places you will see when you read the sentence, you will know it needs a slight pause before it is continued. 

|- 5/①⓪ ᴍᴀʀᴋs Fᴏʀ ᴘʟᴏᴛ ᴛᴡɪsᴛs ᴀɴᴅ ᴀᴛᴛʀᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴ.

The cover caught my attention and the name was weirdly unique but the plot was too cliche for me and the improper punctuation and use of informal words in narration was big no from my side. The only plot twist I could think of is who will end up with Ashley but then again with how you introduced Jimin first to her, I had a feeling he was the one who’s gonna end up with her. I do hope you have other things in store for the book.

|- 6.5/①⓪ ᴍᴀʀᴋs ғᴏʀ ᴇᴍᴏᴛɪᴏɴs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ᴅᴇᴠᴇʟᴏᴘᴍᴇɴᴛ.

The fact that she was supposed to be a bit excited or even interested but she did not sound like so. Try to bring out what Ashley felt when Ren told her about her new job. The characters are really intriguing and it did catch me off guard when Ashley viewed Jimin in a different way while third person’s POV portrayed him in a different way.

|- 7/①⓪ ᴍᴀʀᴋs ғᴏʀ ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛɪᴠɪᴛʏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴀʏ ᴏғ ᴡʀɪᴛɪɴɢ.

Your key seems off in some places like here 'BigHit never really got around to hiring translators' It does not make sense so you should change it to like 'BigHit never bothered hiring translators…' Other than that your writing style is nice. 

|- 6/①⓪ ᴍᴀʀᴋs ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴘɪɴɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏᴏᴋ.

🆈🅾🆄🆁 🆁🅴🆆🅸🅴🆆 : I won’t say it was not enjoyable because I love reading books and your writing style was something different for me so it did make me continue reading but then again in some places it was a turn off for me which I have pointed out above. For the plot, you have to come up with something unique if you still have not. Don’t do the normal fans attacks, exes, etc. Be unique.

Hope my review was helpful for you!

●○●○●○●○●○●○●