Chapter 249

Jennie was not aware of the major changes in City C. After Lisa came back, he only said that someone had committed the crime for their wealth.

Regarding this statement, Lisa was actually not convinced of it as well. However, Xia Tao had died, and in order to protect his colleague's reputation, Bureau Chief Liu had covered up for Xia Tao and reported to Lisa that the act was due to greed for money.

One could not beat someone on their own turf.

If Lisa were to utilize his connections within the boundary of City C, Bureau Chief Liu was the obstacle. After some thoughts, he decided to head back to Luo Hai before making any moves.

Anyway, that Brother Sheng need not think of coming out of prison in his lifetime!

Jennie and Chaeyoung were escorted back to Luo Hai and
were reported sick so that they were on leave and had to stay at home.

As for the article for the operation this time, Jennie had passed it to Eunwoo earlier on. Hence, during this break, she was totally good-for-nothing.

However, the information she had gotten in City C kept weighing on her mind. Jennie thought that since she was confined at home by Lisa, so long as that man did not cool down, there was no way she could go out.

She needed an opportunity to go to the hospital to see whether she could obtain any useful information from Yanni.

However, how could she avoid arousing Lisa's suspicion?

Jennie came up with an idea. Of course, she would go in the name of visiting Shin Hye!

Yanni's later stage of treatment was done at Sheng Yu Hospital, and it so happened that Shin Hye was also staying there.

...

Jennie arrived at Sheng Yu Hospital and went to see her mother first.

Although every time she came, her mother remained the same and was just lying peacefully there with her fair skin reflecting the weakness of having laid on the bed for a long time, and that she was unaware of the outside world and did not give any reaction; even though her mother was as such, her being alive itself gave Jennie lots of comfort and courage.

She cleaned Shin Hye's body and retrieved the perfume from her bag to spray some of it on her mother. "Mother, this is the daisy perfume that you liked the most."

Shin Hye used to be a graceful woman, and the reason Jennie did that was just to get some consolation.

Her brother was in exile, and his whereabouts were unknown. In Luo Hai, Shin Hye was Jennie's only family.

Coming out of the ward, Jennie went to the nurses' station and checked the ward number.

Shin Hye was on the seventh floor. Yanni and Shin Hye's wards were two floors apart.

Jennie was not sure if the Manoban Family had stationed someone to stand guard, hence she pretended to lost her way while making it to the ninth floor.

Most of the patients had been discharged, but Yanni's state was not that well, hence even after she was released from the hospital at the later period, she would still have to undergo the later stage of psychiatric rehabilitation.

On the day the Zong He case happened, she had consumed tons of hallucinogens, which was why she ran to the mountain at the back in the middle of the night.

It had been a month since the incident, and Yanni was gradually regaining her consciousness. However, her body was still very weak.

The Manoban Family did not mind the hospital cost, so while other people would go home to recuperate, Yanni was still staying in the VIP ward.