Chapter 209

Yeji was munching on the snacks that she bought from the lantern show and she choked on it after hearing what her brother said.

After a long time, she then only realized that her
brother was mocking her about how no one would marry her.

"Hmmp! What kind of brother are you? It's none of your business even if I spend a few more years eating the Manoban Family's rice!"

Jennie could no longer hold back her laughter after seeing the dejected look on Yeji's face. Then, Yeji suddenly changed her target and aimed at Jennie, "Brother Lisa actually made a joke? It seems like your influence is quite strong!"

Lisa looked at Jennie from the back mirror and saw the
indifferent look on her face. It seemed like she did not agree with the fact that Yeji linked her together with Lisa.

Lisa frowned slightly. It looked like this woman would not be forgiving him anytime soon!

Getting to know each other was easy but staying together was tough.

Recalling how Jisoo lost the opportunity to be with that woman after not seeing each other for a few years, he was moved deeply. He could no longer wait for his woman to take the initiative to break the silence!

When they returned to the mansion, Yeji saw Yuna standing by the car in front of the gates. It appeared that she was having a conversation with Jisoo. Yuna seemed a little anxious, but she dared not ruin her ladylike image. The change in Jisoo's attitude was too obvious. Even a fool could tell that it was related to the woman at the lantern show.

Lisa looked at Jisoo, smiled lightly and drove past them
without stopping.

...

They arrived in Hibiscus Garden and right when Jennie wanted to go to the second floor to take a shower, Lisa quickly caught up with the woman who constantly gave him a cold face.

He said in a low voice, "Mrs. Manoban, I think we should talk!"

Jennie rolled her eyes and complained angrily, "What is there to talk about?"

Third Young Master L smiled briefly, "This is not the place for talking!"

Then, he dominantly carried the woman who avoided him deliberately by the waist and muffled, "Jisoo is right, if a woman is disobedient, it must be due to the lack of ravaging! Thus, I think we should have a talk in bed!"

Jennie, "..."

...

It was on the third day after the lantern show that Jennie
received Kai's phone call.

"Jenjen, I have good news..." Before Kai's could complete the sentence with his beautiful voice, Jennie could already sense the happiness in his voice.

"I can go to work already?" Jennie's heart was filled with joy!

Ever since the day after the lantern show, she had 'bedroom talks' with Lisa for three days already. She hated this place and wanted to leave to ease her mind.

"Yes, you can go to work, but..." Kai paused as though he had some hesitation.

"But what?" Jennie asked eagerly, worried that there would be some changes.

"There is an issue on my brother's side. If he loses his temper when you get there, please bear with it. I apologize in advance on his behalf!"

Jennie laughed after hearing Kai's honest words, "Big Brother Kai, you're over-thinking. I'm not that fragile and I'm the one who volunteered this time. I won't make a sound even if Brother Huai make things difficult for me. Don't worry!"

Kai laughed out loud and said, "It's not that I don't trust you, I'm just worried..."

Jennie, "..."

Kai knew that he had said too much, so he quickly changed the topic and asked, "You and Lisa did not argue recently, right?"

Jenniehesitated for a moment and remained silent. Kai
sighed and continued, "Lisa actually cares about you very much in his heart!"

Jennie said in a low and soft voice, "Big Brother Kai, you don't have to say good words for him. You did very well as a friend already!

The issue between Lisa and I can't be resolved with just a few words. Moreover, I also understood some details from the case in the past. Either way, I need to thank you!"

Kai was stunned. If they were not on the phone, he would probably be too ashamed to even show his face!

He knew the secret behind the case but he stood by Lisa's side and deceived this poor woman....

----------------------------------------
*DO NOT VOTE PLEASE*