Chapter 310

Liu Qi came over with his specialized tools and removed the pipe efficiently.

He revealed the internal structure to Huai. Jennie and Chaeyoung took the opportunity to sneak a few glances as well. There was a Y-shaped divider at the valve connector where the sink was turned on.

Huai signaled Little Jiang to take a water sample from both inlets. He also instructed Liu Qi to take the detached valve connector back to the laboratory to have it tested.

Jennie had no idea what Huai was thinking.

"Captain Huai, are there any new developments?" Tzuyu asked quietly. She had just walked out of the door that led to the main hall.

Huai had not seen Tzuyu for several days. She looked weaker now than she did during the interrogation. There was a pitiful look in her dark, sunken eyes.

"Mrs. Manoban, we're just here to collect some water samples to be tested."

Huai spoke gently. Tzuyu nodded before she murmured, "I hope the case will be solved soon."

"Mrs. Manoban, do you mean that sincerely or..."

Huai paused. He stared at Tzuyu's pale little face sternly. He attempted to detect if she was hiding something by scrutinizing at her expression.

"Captain Huai, I honestly felt nothing when Taecyeon died!"

Tzuyu smiled gently and said, "You've been investigating this case for such a long time. You're probably aware that Taecyeon was constantly abusing me. When he died, I felt like I'd finally escaped from him."

Jennie and Chaeyoung truly felt bad for Tzuyu when they saw the miserable smile on her face. "Tzuyu, don't say that..."

Jennie tried to stop her.

"Jennie, I've always been the biggest suspect. The things I said won't change Captain Huai's impression of me!"

Tzuyu turned to Huai when she spoke. Huai hesitated for a moment before he fixed his gaze on Tzuyu again. His deep voice echoed as he said, "Mrs. Manoban, that's only true because you had a likely motive to murder him!"

"Yes, indeed! I've been enduring this torture for such a long time. It's indeed a possible motive for me to kill my husband to get away from him. You did the right thing when you began your investigation by suspecting me. I don't blame you for that. You asked me if I truly wanted the case to be solved, or if I was merely pretending. Well, I truly wanted it to end!"

Tzuyu paused. Tears glistened in her red-rimmed eyes. "You'll see that I'm innocent once the case is solved..."

Jennie walked over and held Tzuyu while she sobbed. "Tzuyu, you're definitely innocent. Don't cry. The truth will be revealed sooner or later!"

Tzuyu smiled and glanced at the hall before she turned to Huai. She said, "Can I go inside and look around?"

Huai was unaware of Tzuyu's intentions. He pondered and said to Chaeyoung, "Little Park, go inside with her."

Chaeyoung followed his orders and followed Tzuyu into the hall. Nothing had changed since the day of the murder.

Aside from several cans of snacks and the coffee pot that they usually used, everything else on the coffee table including the tea set had been taken to the major crimes department as evidence.

Tzuyu went into the kitchen. She saw that the faucet and the connecting pipes inside the bottom cabinet were already removed.

The things inside the wine rack in the dining room were untouched. Tzuyu looked at the wine rack. She pointed at a container of sugar cubes at the top of the wine rack and asked Chaeyoung, "Why didn't you take this as evidence?"