Chapter 272

After listening to Eunwoo's words, Jennie secretly contemplated about it and felt that she could not wait for another moment. If it were related to the Manoban Family, it was better to for her to follow the case as compared to having another person doing it. Hence, Jennie grabbed the phone and called Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung thought that Jennie was rushing her for lunch. Picking up the call, she immediately said, "Jennie, I'm quite caught up here. I'll only be going back later in the afternoon."

"Chaeng, about the case you're following, I'd like to go and have a look too."

Jennie's intentions were extremely clear. Chaeyoung knew that Eunwoo must have disclosed the particularity of this case to Jennie.

It involved the Manoban Family!

If the murder had not happened, this kind of major political case would not have needed the involvement of the major crimes department.
The one who had led the protest and made the most commotion was a family with the surname Sun. The male lead was Sun Jie, a scout who had died many years ago in a drill. He left behind a wife and a child.

It was not known where the Sun family had gotten the news from, saying that their pension had been suspended, and the younger brother, Sun Xu, felt a deep sense of injustice for his sister-in-law.

He found out that it was not just one family who had encountered this, hence, they came together through their group contact, and Sun Xu headed the group to seek an explanation. Little did they expect to collide with the peacekeeping police of the government, and the incident had excalated into an all out brawl.

The situation got out of control. Many of those troublemakers were apprehended, but Sun Xu the leader desperately fled home. He dared not to show himself and was scared that the police would come up to his door.

However, for some mysterious reason, after receiving a call, Sun Xu had gone out again by himself. Old man Sun saw that his second son had not returned for the night and dared not called the police, hence he went searching around with his wife and neighbors.

In the early morning of the next day, when Sun Xu's body was found, it was laying near the mouth of the sewer...

Old man Sun spurted a spray of blood and kicked the bucket next.

Since lives were at stake, and this kind of criminal case could not be handled by the Commission for Discipline Inspection. Hence, Huai got the order to quickly send men over to handle the matter.
A case of greed and corruption, a mob of troublemakers, and a fight had cost a life.

It was not known if Sun Xu's murder case was tied up with the Financial Secretary's case.

Many departments would have to dig deeper and crack this case together.

The people and powers implicated in this case
were rather complicated, and it was causing an uproar on the Internet.

Eunwoo had initially intended to write an article reporting on what was happening on the frontlines, but he did not expect Huai to receive a call so soon to forbid any reporting. The online comments were also quickly blocked.

If it was forbidden, then he would not do it. Huai was not supportive of the news reporting department anyway.

Huai had chased Eunwoo away with a long face yesterday, but today, Jennie wanted to follow them instead...

Chaeyoung was put in a difficult position after hearing her request. She hesitated for a moment before replying softly, "Jennie, I'm not in the position to make this decision. You've got to get Captain Huai's approval. Eunwoo had wanted to follow us yesterday but was chased away by Captain Huai..."