Chapter 390

The Kim Family was one of the most influential families in Capital City, but Wei Hongmian's father used to be Kim Jingshan's chief. The doctors were willing to risk offending the Kim Family for Wei Hongmian when she wanted to mess with the results after weighing the advantages and disadvantages of their actions. In the end, they agreed to Wei Hongmian's request.

Jisoo realized that Wei Hongmian's wrong decision during a moment of weakness caused him and Chaeyoung to lose many years together. He was particularly upset because his lover was so devastated that she repeatedly ran away from him His heart was filled with gloom.

When Jisoo got up and left, his bodyguards in plain clothes went out as well.

The air in Capital City was terribly chilly in December. The north winds howled angrily and penetrated people's skin.

The man briefly staggered in the snow before he fell head first on the green belt beside the road. His bodyguard hurriedly rushed over and picked him up, but Jisoo was already in a half-awake and dazed state. "Xiaodai, where are you..."

*

In Yan Zhou...

The scorching sun hang right in the sky, and the rays of sunshine were blazing down on earth. This was the longest dry spell that she had experienced ever since she first arrived in Yan Zhou three years ago. Every single creature shriveled up its body in the afternoon on this hot summer's day. You could almost hear the sizzling sound of their skin being roasted...

"Miss Park, please come to the school. Little An An fought with his friends."

Chaeyoung's warm mood turned cold when she received a phone call from Soo-An's class teacher.

This was the third phone call she had received this month.

Soo-An was already a second grader in elementary school, but he could not get rid of his bad habit of constantly getting into fights.

The number of times she was getting called to school because his son had fought with the other kids in school was getting more and more frequent. It gave her headaches just thinking about it.

She had opened a martial arts training center in Yan Zhou that taught children and teenagers wushu and fistfighting. Soo-An's martial arts skills were naturally superior to the other kids since he grew up by Chaeyoung's side. The children whom he fought were being defeated left and right, and their parents naturally refused to let him off easily.

The boys who were beaten up today were three children who were in higher grades. Their faces were dusted with bruises while the corner of one boy's uniform was also torn.

Soo-An's clothes were slightly dusty, but he was fine. The stubborn expression on his little face annoyed one of the other parents.

"You're his mother, but why don't you know how to educate your child? Look at how he's beaten up my son!"

The forty-year-old middle-aged woman spoke loudly in Yan Zhou's local dialect. She pointed at Chaeyoung and kicked up a big fuss in Miss Zhang's office.

The other two parents were also acting very impulsively. The words they said were harsh and upsetting. "That child was raised by his mother, but she obviously never taught him anything. Why don't you ask around in Yan Zhou and find out if the Hu Family are the kind of people you can just bully as you please? We'll give you two options since your son has hurt our children so badly. You can either let our children beat him up in return or you can pay for their hospital bills and have your son kicked out of this school."

Chaeyoung remained calm as she assessed the situation. She ignored the other three parents causing a scene and turned to the teacher instead. She asked in a drawn-out manner, "Miss Zhang, can you please tell me what happened?"