Chapter 328

The middle-aged man was all the more enraged when Tzuyu said that. He raised his voice as if he wanted the world to hear what he was about to say. "How am I embarrassing myself now?"

The middle-aged woman beside him looked rather cowardly. She tugged at the man's sleeve and murmured, "Youquan, you should be kinder to your daughter. How could you treat her like this when she's already gone through so much?"

They were Tzuyu's parents!

"Why can't I be here when I have received an invitation from the Manoban Family? Tzuyu hasn't left the Manoban Family yet, and even if she did, she'll still be a widow. With the Manoban Family's opulence, they could simply give us any amount of money as compensation and it would still be enough to support the Chou Family for half a year!"

Youquan's voice was loud. It had made several distinguished guests around them glanced in their direction.

Normally, the Chou Family would be considered as one of Luo Hai's prominent families. However, the Chou Family's mismanagement of their estates these past few years had caused their profits to shrink significantly. They had relied on the Manoban Family to seek connections in high places for several years. Nonetheless, they were happy when Taecyeon died.

It was inevitable that people would cast indignant glances at a downtrodden man. Worse still, Youquan was an utterly despicable man who remained bold and confident despite having sold his daughter.

"Look, this corrupted man is still as shameless as ever..."

"Ugh, enough of that. I heard that Tzuyu killed the Eldest Young Master of the Manoban Family with the man whom she was cheating on him with!"

"Is that true? Rumor has it that the man who had been arrested had also studied in England before..."

"Oh yes, that's true. A doctor turning into a ruthless killer overnight... How terrifying!"

"This is why the Chou Family came to be compensated. It looks like they really couldn't wait..."

Whether it was with intention or otherwise, the people around Tzuyu were speaking so loudly that she could hear them.

In the past, Tzuyu was also one of Luo Hai's most exceptional socialites. Now that she had fallen from grace, they could not help but criticize her whenever they got the chance to!

This was not surprising. People liked to praise others when they were doing well, but they would not hesitate to trample on them when they were down.

Tzuyu regarded her parents with distaste. Resentment stirred in her heart. Her parents had played a huge role in leading her to where she was today.

She gave a sarcastic smile. "Compensation? Are you really planning to ask the Yuan Family for money?"

Youquan scowled, and just like that, this man who used to be one of Luo Hai's renown entrepreneurs had displayed to the entire world the ugliness of humanity. He said without a hint of shame, "Why shouldn't I? The Manoban Family can offer up so many treasures for a simple auction already. Don't tell me you're so stupid as to j leave this marriage with nothing?"

Tzuyu glared at him and scoffed, "I wasn't planning to take a single cent from the Manoban Family! I still have stocks at the National Arts Commerce that I had been managing."

Youquan's eyes lit up when he heard this. His greedy nature had been revealed.

Tzuyu chuckled bitterly. "But I'm sorry to inform you that you're not getting anything from the National Arts Commerce even though I have shares in the company. I'm going to keep that money and use it to take care of Jungkook's family."