Chapter 335

When Jisoo received Lisa's call through the satellite phone, he learnt that Hanbin was dead while Lisa was stranded in the South China Sea because of the storm.

Lisa asked Jisoo for help because he was worried about Jennie. Unfortunately, Jisoo was in Capital City. Currently, Chaeyoung was the only person that he trusted in Luo Hai.

Chaeyoung's mind was fraught with anxiety when Jisoo told her to rush over to Hibiscus Garden to check on Jennie.

Jisoo had only recently returned to the Capital City. Before he left, he asked her to take care of Jennie while he was gone.

Jennie did not go to work for a long time after the incidents in the Manoban household, but Chaeyoung called her every day to ask if she was alright. Chaeyoung knew that the Manoban Family Mansion's security was extremely tight. It was unlikely that they would face any problems defending Jennie.

This afternoon, both Jennie's cell phone and the landline at Hibiscus Garden were dead. Jisoo's frantic calls from Capital City instantly sent panic through Chaeyoung's mind as well.

"Did something happen to Jennie?"

"I can't give you details through the phone. Everything will be fine as long as she hasn't left Hibiscus Garden. Our men are stationed around the periphery, so she'll be safe! However, Lisa wants you to hurry over to Hibiscus Garden to check out the situation. Remember to protect Jennie!"

Jisoo was an optimist by nature, but he could sense that something was amiss now.

The man who was stranded in the South China Sea had been immensely troubled when he spoke to Jisoo over the phone. That was not the Lisa that Jisoo remembered.

*

Chaeyoung's car raced across the slippery road, forming splashes that were half a meter high. The other drivers spat a series of curses at her as they drove past.

Her car accelerated. Chaeyoung only breathed a long sigh of relief when she drew close to the cluster of villas in the wealthy suburb near Autumn View Mountain. She gently stepped on the brakes. She thought to herself, 'Jennie, please be alright.'

A red-colored BMW drove away from the direction of the Manoban Family Mansion. Its speed was neither fast nor slow. Through the mist, Chaeyoung realized that the driver looked familiar. However, she failed to get a good look when their cars passed each other...

Chaeyoung simply distractedly stepped on the accelerator and continued moving forward.

Fifteen minutes later, the mansion's front door appeared before her.

She noticed that the security here was very tight when she attempted to enter the Manoban Family Mansion. The head of security was an imposing man carrying a walkie-talkie. He only allowed Chaeyoung's white-colored Mazda to enter once he received an order from the other side.

Chaeyoung could instantly tell that the head of security was a special forces soldier who was transferred from Capital City. His vigilance and the way he carried himself was different from that of a civilian.

Hibiscus Garden

Ah Fu frantically paced up and down the house. She was too afraid to inform the Old Mistress that Lisa was uncontactable. She anxiously threw herself at Chaeyoung when the older woman hastily rushed inside. "Miss Park... The Mistress..."

"Where is the Mistress?"

Chaeyoung became agitated when she noticed that the servant was terrified. Her tone changed.

"The Mistress was packing her things earlier before she left with Miss Mcdonie... Before he left, the Master instructed me not to let the Mistress take a single step out of Hibiscus Garden. But I couldn't stop her..."