Chapter 279

Chief Editor Liu's was so courteous that Jennie was confused.

"Chief Editor Liu, didn't you say that the article
can't be published..."

"Little Kim, after giving it some thoughts, I feel that what you've said makes perfect sense. The professional ethics of a reporter is not to be afraid of those in power and to expose the truth. What's more, what you've written is from the perspective of the victim, and you didn't distort the facts, so why can't it be published?"

Chief Editor Liu sounded sonorous, which was a total opposite from how he spoke this morning. Jennie could not make heads or tails of the situation for a moment.

"Since that's what you've said, then I'll just publish it. There isn't any part that needs amendment. I've already revised it many times yesterday."

Hanging up the call, Jennie was still uncertain.

Little did she expect after half an hour her article was published, it would stir up a huge commotion on the Internet!

There were overwhelming comments coming from various parties. Through Jennie's article, the people learned about the tragic death of the leader of the fight with the armed forces a few days ago and how woeful the family situation was. The truth behind the case was suddenly a hot topic.

At the same time, the organization department and the Commission for Discipline Inspection received reports from numerous informants.

The two departments' email inboxes were spammed with evidence of Nie Chao breaking the law and scandalous photos of his messy nightlife.

There were even a few photos showing Sun Xu working as a waiter at the scene.

This time, the Commission for Discipline Inspection was in chaos!

On the other side, Xiao Jiang went to Lele's granny's house to retrieve the reading pen. After the technology department made a comparison, they confirmed that the recording was Nie Chao talking about the military pensions with a few colleagues in the club.

Public opinion changed in an instance. Initially, the case was about to be buried, and everything would be peaceful after another two days. However, with the emergence of a report, a document, and a recording now, Nie Chao was unable to justify himself!

In the days that followed, every department was bustling about.

Sun Xu's murderer was captured in City A, and it was said that the arrest had happened in a certain celebrity's music concert...

Jennie watched the instant reversal of the plot and was
confused.

Chaeyoung had been busy with the case after returning, and it was only after the murderer was convicted that she could finally take a break.

"Jennie, wanna go have some skewers tonight?"

Chaeyoung came to invite Jennie. Her article was impressive, it had been a turning point for the case. At the same time, all her speculations were verified, and they were able to acquire that crucial recording pen.

Nie Chao was prosecuted by the justice department, and Chaeyoung felt that she should treat Jennie to a meal.

Jennie looked at her watch and saw that it was time to get off work. In her heart, she was also craving for those barbeque skewers and beer.

"Let's go." "Your treat!"

Jennie looked at Chaeyoung's neck under the scarf. Seeing the hickeys that had not disappeared even after a few days, she gave her a mischievous smirk.