Chapter 288

Ye Kun looked as if he was electrocuted. He slowly lifted his head. His voice was croaky, as if he had just emerged from an otherworldly tomb.

"Shin Hye? Is that you?"

"It's been so many years, yet you still didn't change a bit..."

As he was saying that, Ye Kun extended his quivering arm, trying to touch Jennie's face. However, his intense shaking had left him feeling inadequate as his outstretched hands faltered and returned to his side.

He looked down on his wobbling form, seemingly embarrassed. Jennie crouched down and looked at the surprised expression on the aged face on the man. "Mr Ye, do you know my. mother?"

Jennie was sure that Ye Kun must have mistaken her for Shin Hye as her visage does resemble her mother.

Hearing Jennie, Ye Kun's eyes widened as if he had just woken from a dream. He was stunned looking Jennie's similar yet alien face. Carefully, he perused the face in front of him, trying to determine if it belonged to his Lil Hye.

"My mother is Park Shin Hye..."

Jennie did not expect how her quest to investigate why Yanni wanted to poison this man turned into a reunion of mother's old acquaintance.

What an unforeseen result!

"You... you are the child born of Kim Family in Xi Fan... Young Master... Young Master married you..."

Ye Kun seemed to have understood. His senescent face paled, his hands scrambled about his body searching for something. His eyes were crimson from the agitation. With his old injury, his hands trembling hysterically. Jennie took a step back in fright.

"What... what are you looking for?"

"Cigarette... Where're my cigarettes... Give me a cigarette..."

Ye Kun roared as he continued scouring on his wheelchair.

Jennie helped him look for his cigarettes. A pack of strong-smelling cigarette that Lisa gave him slipped out of the wheelchair. Jennie picked it up and passed him a roll.

Ye Kun took the cigarette. Jennie looked around and found a lighter on the table, which she used to light the cigarette for Ye Kun. Ye Kun took a puff and exhaled a long ring of smoke.

The calming effects of the cigarette slowly allowing the man to cool down. He took a while and looked up, his reddish eyes fixing onto Jennie.

Suddenly, he laughed. His laughter filled the empty ward, which at this point, seemed ghastly, creepy, and abrupt...

Jennie felt a little scared. Under Ye Kun's stare, she took a few steps back and asked, "Mr Ye, what is my mother to you?"

Jennie had wanted to ask why Yanni wanted to hurt him, but as he knew her mother, he must know Woo-bin. His hands were full of calluses, so he must have used guns, he could even be her father's comrade...

Thinking about that, Jennie was a little stirred. She stared at Ye Kun expectantly. Hearing her inquiry on his relationship with Shin Hye, Ye Kun's eyes cooled dramatically.

"You're here to find me just so you can ask me what my relationship with Shin Hye is?"

The man paused, reviewing what he had just
said, "Or did your brother send you to kill me?"

Jennie was confused. She did not understand how the man would change so quickly. Talking about her mother had gotten him to be gentle, but now he was claiming that her brother wanted to kill him...

"No! I don't know what you're talking about. I can't even get in touch with my brother right now, how would I want to kill you? We have no dispute between us..."