Chapter 387

Kim Jingshan gave Chaeyoung one million yuan when she left Capital City.

Despite the Kim Family's prestige, Chaeyoung knew that one million yuan was not a meager amount to them. After all, they were not an aristocratic family that was currently in business.

She did not have any plan to use this money. She merely accepted the money to put the master and mistress of the Kim Family at ease. When she left Capital City, she gave her parents five thousand yuan she had received from her internship. She did not have much more money aside from that.

She was always hard pressed for money. She relied on doing casual jobs to get by in life when she came to Luo Hai.

When she saw the child who had been abandoned by his parents today, Chaeyoung felt that she could finally use that sum of money that she had set aside.

Director Li decided not to stop Chaeyoung when she noticed that the woman was determined to adopt this abandoned baby. That young woman had a pure heart and would be a good mother.

Chaeyoung informed Li Ji about the child's predicament and revealed that she planned to adopt him. Li Ji contacted the best cardiologist in Luo Hai through the connections he had had over the place.

Coincidentally, the doctor who operated on the boy was Minho. It was just that Chaeyoung had yet to cross paths with the Manoban Family at that time.

Doctor Manoban was deeply moved by the child's unfortunate life when he had discovered his past. He subsidized half of the surgical fees. He even promised that the hospital would bear the cost of the child's recuperation after the surgery proved to be successful.

Chaeyoung was pleasantly surprised. She used the remaining 20 million to get a pair of prosthetic legs for another girl in the orphanage who suffered from a congenital tibia defect. She also bought new bedding for the orphanage as well.

The operation was scheduled to be done in late autumn. It was extremely successful. The child recuperated for four months after the surgery and was taken home by Chaeyoung after that.

Since she was about to take him in, Chaeyoung decided to name the child "Park Soo-An".

His name was Park Soo-An because she wanted to use her and Jisoo's names. This baby was born into a miserable existence, but she hoped that he could live a peaceful life now.

*

Two years later...

Park Soo-An was already four years old. Time had passed in the blink of an eye. He grew up into a strong and healthy boy after the surgery and became the greatest source of motivation for Chaeyoung. He was also the most important individual in her mind.

Miao Hong's child was also over three years old now. The two women frequently went out together and brought their children so that they could play with each other.

"Xiaodai, I know that you asked Li Ji to help you ask about jobs. It seems like he's found something reliable. But I can't believe that you chose to join the criminal police department when you could've gone on to be a young mistress in Capital City instead!" said Miao Hong with a puzzled look on her face.

Miao Hong had been unable to marry into the Li Family all this while. Though looking at the fact that she had given birth to a baby for Li Ji, regardless that it was a girl, it was still considered as the Li Family's flesh and blood. That was why Miao Hong was able to feed herself even if she was not working. It was not surprising that she could not understand Chaeyoung.

Unlike her, Chaeyoung was in desperate need for a job to support herself.

"I'll need to work so that I'll have enough money to raise An An as he grows up. I can't always rely on the Kim Family's money since this child is someone I've made the decision to adopt."