Part 17

"All right gentlemen, masks off please" and right there, 5th in line was the light eyes and smirk of Lucas Bishop looking right at me.

The little shit, I narrowed my eyes at him and he gave me a small smile. The other 4 men's bidding started and ended without myself so much as looking at them or recognising names or faces, then it was Lucas' turn.

"Let's start the bidding off as usual, £1000"
"£1500" a blonde to my left
"£2500" a gorgeous brunette to my right
"£5000" I spun around to see a redhead lift her hand up for the bidding
"£7000" blonde
"£10,000" brunette
"£20,000" red
"£40,000" blonde, brunette shook her head, she was out
"£50,000" red, blonde shook her head as she looked disappointed
"£55,000," I shouted before I could think, a smile crept onto Lucas' face
"£60,000" the red-head shouted, I turned to see her smiling at me in 'triumph', I shook my head, out
Jackson then seemed to wake up out of his surprise to stutter "erm... g-going once, going t-twice, gone to the beautiful red-head in the back"
Well that was a bit embarrassing, a little, I watched in a daze as the last 2 men had their go before they all walk off and Delilah and myself headed back ready for our turn.

~

We lined up on stage, Delilah 5th and myself 4th, I looked up and down our line and seeing a few familiar faces. Sara was first, then a girl that worked in the same division as me, Julie, then the red-head from earlier, after Delilah it was the brunette followed by the blonde from earlier then a few other faces I didn't really recognise. "Right then ladies, masks off please" Jackson announced as we reached behind our heads to untie the masks before taking them off and holding them.

First up was Sara, and after battling with Sara's best friend Edward did actually win the bidding with a satisfied smile and a figure from Sara, Julie ended up going for £2,500 to Mark who we worked with (I am pretty sure he fancies her).

Next was the red-head, Alina I found out, with her mask off I could see how beautiful she really was, and so could others. Her bidding went on for some while and I couldn't help myself but lift my gaze to Lucas to see if he was interested in her after she had 'won' him, but all I found was his gaze already on me and so did Alina as get bidding closed at £5,000 to an erm... older shareholder, then it was my turn.

I lifted my head and planted a smile on my face as Jacksin opened my bidding, "starting at £1,000 ladies and gents" someone raised their hand in the air but I couldn't see who with the glare from the stage lights.
"£3,000" I heard towards the right, a murmur rippled across the hall, well that was a bit of a jump
"£4,000" another countered, pretty sure it was Jackson's husband as it came from our table to the right with a small giggle
"£10,000" Holy shit, I squinted this time, needing to know who it was
"15" the first man countered as he walked towards the front and I saw it was Stephen that I had a very brief relationship with (if you could even call it that) and I was already rooting for whoever the other person was
"25" the other man stood up to show a beautiful blue suit and dark hair
"40" Stephen
"60" Lucas, just great my sort-of ex bidding against my sort-of lover for me
"70" Stephen, as another sponsor he also had stupid money
"100" Lucas took a step forward, smirking at Stephen as he shook his head and returned to his seat defeated. Jackson looked as tho he had been watch tennis and suddenly remembered he had yo speak "erm, well... going once? Twice? Sold! To Mr Bishop" Lucas met my eyes, smiled and raised his eyebrows, I just stared back literally in shock of what just happened. The lineup continued but I couldn't hear anything said , my gaze never left his as a million and one thoughts ran though my head.

When it was finished we walked back off stage and to our tables where I sat down in a daze. "Are you okay y/n" Lucas gently touched my arm as I looked at him and slightly shook my head, "oh erm, yeah. I'm fine, yep, all good"
"Okayyy then".

Conversation continued on and sadly I seemed to be a main topic, followed closely by Lucas not only for his price but for what he donated for me, I kind of just sat there in a daze not too sure what to say. Then a young girl came up to me and handed an envelope containing the amount we raised ready for my speech, "if you'll all excuse me I had better get ready" I said as I held up the envelope.

Before I could push my chair back, Lucas was behind me to pull it out as I stood, letting go to place a hand on my lower back, my breath hitched as I looked into his eyes. His light eyes darkened with something I couldn't put my finger on, I cleared my throat and stepped away before thanking him and walking to the stage.

I stood in front of the microphone and spoke. "Hello, everyone, good evening. I'm y/n and I'm the coordinator and designer for this event, thank you so much for all coming out tonight for such a good cause" I paused "on top of your ticket fee, our little auction's profit will all be given to charity" a small applause "we have just added up all the money we raised from it" I held up the envelope, then opened it and took the card out "and I can now tell you all we raised £210,000! So the total so far for tonight is £350,000" a huge applause broke out "thank you to everyone, please enjoy the rest of your evening" the applause continued as I walked off stage and back to the table. The band started up again and most people left their seats to mingle with each other, I leaned to Deliah "drunk from the bar?"
"Please, you want my help?"
"No its fine I got it", I walked to the bar and ordered our drinks. While I was waiting I saw someone else come up to the bar and order their own drink, I turned my head and saw Stephen there, great, I rolled my eyes at him and looked back to the bar. "That was quite the spectacle you caused up there you know"
"Nothing to do with me, I just stood there"
"Uh huh" he was grinning at me, slyly, like he wanted something from me. My mind instantly started comparing it to Lucas' smile, his gorgeous sarcastic grins. I shook my head, clearing it
"What are you even doing here?"
"Well, last time I checked, I was a donator"
"Well I know that, it's just you've never bothered coming before, even when I asked you"
"Well, maybe I just wanted to see you..." and here it comes "maybe we could go for a drink? Maybe dinner?" Nope, nope, he took a step closer to me with each suggestion "or even start now? How's a dance sound?" He was standing way too close to me now "or is your boyfriend not going to be happy with that" he practically spat the words "what do you see in him that I don't have?" He was practically leaning in my now even though I had tried to shrink away "huh? What's so special about him?" He gripped my wrist, hard
"Stephen let go, you're hurting me"
"Answer me then" and this was the exact reason I broke it off with him so quick
"Let go of me, please" I tried to pull my arm away from him bit he had a death grip
"Did you open your legs for him, huh, did you, you easy bitch?" He was the only person to make me so small, and now I had tears that were threatening to spill
"Is everything okay over here?" I turned my head to see Lucas standing there, his eyes fixed on Stephen's grip on me
"Nothing wrong here, we're just catching up" flick of a switch and his aggression was gone from his voice
"Y/n, you okay?" He pulled his eyes up to mine, I knew I couldn't lie to him when he looked at me like that
"I was just getting our drinks, o can handle it" thank goodness the bartender placed the drinks down just then, Stephen released his hand from me then, realising it was suspicious to still have it on me. I grabbed the drinks and walked to Lucas and he walked me back to the table, I placed them down and felt a hand in my arm, I flinched after what had just happened and instantly regretted it as soon as I realised it was Lucas "sorry, i-"
"No its fine, I was just going to ask you to dance" his half smile was encouraging, he lent in "don't let him ruin the evening you've worked so hard for" he spoke under his breath so only I could hear him
I smiled and looked down as I felt my blush, "I'd love to" I looked back at him as he held up a hand and I slipped mine into it, as he led me to the dance floor.