Part 16

Just as you were going to read the name place you saw the chair move backwards and low and behold, Mr Lucas Bishop sat down "you sure you didn't do the seating plan love?" He smirked at you.

It weren't that you didn't want to see him tonight or that you didn't like him (obviously), Lucas just made you nervous because of how you felt towards him, espically now you had admitted it to yourself, and you didn't know how to express that emotionally. Hey, you're bizarre you can't help that.

You managed to have a really nice evening, despite the tension between Lucas and myself that was purely your doing, you made small talk with everyone on the table until our food was delivered.

The food was divine, beautifully presented and cooked, it was almost a shame to eat it. Delilah was in the middle of explaining a client at work to you and Lucas as you were finishing up your meal, just as you placed a piece of asparagus in your mouth you felt something on your left thigh and as you glanced down you saw Lucas' hand rested on it. You sucked in a breath but forgetting you had food in your mouth started chocking, smooth.

"Are you okay y/n?" Delilah asked eyes wide, you nodded your head as the only form of response you could give at the moment.
"Are you sure y/n? Here" Lucas feigned ignorance as he handed you your wine glass and you him a side glance, he obviously just smirked at you. You took the glass and took a small sip clearing your throat afterwards. "I'm fine I promise, it just went down the wrong way, sorry" you laughed it off and then you felt his hand squeeze your thigh ever so slightly, you turned your head towards him and raised an eyebrow to him, so he was in the mood to play tonight.

Luckily, the rest of the meal went off without a hitch besides suggestive touches between you and weird looks from Lilah when you accidentally made a noise or gasped at the weirdest times. When the servers had cleared our last plates away you reached for the card in front of you for the auction.

"So who are we expecting to be going on stage for the auction?" You questioned, you wanted to gauge people's thoughts on it to see if it would be a success.
"Well I definitely won't be, I am the auctioneer after all" Jackson Stevens said with a laugh
"Well you can count me out, I'm too old for that sort of thing!" Ms Green pronounced
"Now that I don't believe, Iris, you cant be a day over 30" Lucas exclaimed to her, the flirt she was at least 65
"Oh stop it now you silly boy or you'll make an old fool blush"
"Hey, less of the old you", she scoffed and smiled at him
"Well I am" Delilah announced
"You know what? Why not, I think I will too" Sara said whilst ticking the [yes] box on the card, Edward looked quite flustered "You can't! What if someone else gets an evening with you!"
"Well then, you'll just have to make sure you get me, won't you?" Sara said with a small kiss to his cheek. You let out a little laugh at their interaction, "what about you y/n?" Jackson asked
"Of course I am, organiser has to take part, its in the unwritten rules" you smiled as you ticked your box
"Now what about you Lucas? I'm sure there would be plenty of girls willing to spend their money to get your time" Jackson then asked, you froze as your cheeks heated up
"I don't know, maybe, I haven't decided yet" he replied as he ran a hand through his hair
"Well you'd better be quick in deciding, the man is coming over now to collect the cards" Iris said as she nodded her head in the man's direction.

As he approached we all passed forward out cards and so did Lucas before you had chance to sneek a look at his choice. He looked at you and caught you trying to snoop at his card as he handed it over and you gave your most convincing, innocent smile ever, apparently it wasn't very convincing though.

Conversation continued on the table and Lucas excused himself for a bit. The lights then dimmed and Jackson stepped on the stage, microphone in hand.

"Good evening ladies and gents, and welcome to this years charity gala" he paused for our applause "this evenings next event has been organised as an additional fund raiser, so without further ado I'd like to invite firstly the men's lineup for our time auction" we all applauded as they came on stage and lined up in a row, "all right gentlemen, masks off please" and right there, 5th in line was the light eyes and smirk of Lucas Bishop looking right at you.