Part 14

You shoved her as she started laughing "come on, the car will be here in 20, let's get these dresses on."

~

You helped each other into your dresses and zips and laces and shoes and clasps. Delilah had a beautiful pink strapless dress, corsetted on the bodice (which took you way too long to lace) with a subtle ruffle down the side while mine was black and plunged in the front revealing your only assets, sparkly black spaghetti straps and it had a matching belt which both matched the black crystals you had asked Delilah to put in your hair.

Your maskes matched your dresses perfectly, Lilah's was the same pink as her dress with blush and gold swirls framing the eyes, while yours was the same black fabric as your dress and had black velvet spirals across it with the crystals framing the eyes. You had to say, you looked good.

When the car arrived, you locked up and headed downstairs and got in the car. Now that all the planning was done, you could finially relax and enjoy the evening you had worked so hard for.

~

You arrived at the event, a large estate which was some friend of a friend of one of the compamy's board members, it had a beautiful ballroom-type room, plenty large enough, and you had had a company come in and decorated it all to match the theme for tonight. As you walked in you were stunned, it was even more beautiful that what you had pictured.

Gold fabric draped across the ceiling and falling down the walls between the large windows abd doors, grey fabric also folding between the gold leaving the sparkling chandeliers as ceiling centre pieces; it looked like something straight out of a fantasy novel. Tables with place cards were dotted around the room with matching gold and grey flowered centrepieces leaving plenty of room at the front for a dance floor and the stage which held the love band for the evening.

"It looks beautiful y/n, you've done amazing" Deliah breathed in awe as she squeezed your hand, "thank you" you smiled back at her, "drink?" Lilah nodded and you started towards the bar to order your drinks. "Seeing as this is a work event of sorts, I suppose I should go and mingle with people" you pulled a face at Delilah, she laughed at you, "you probably should"
"Come with? Please?" You pleaded
"Why of course, how could I leave my plus one alone" she beamed
"Erm, don't you mean how could my plus one leave me, I'm not your plus one missy, your mine" you winked at her
"Of course of course whatever you think" she only smiled as you continued to tease each other until you started to see people as they were coming in.

Just as you and Delilah had excused ourselves from a couple you heard someone call your name, you turned around to find your boss, Mr Wilson, and his wife approaching you. "Mr Wilson, Mrs Wilson, so glad you could both make it tonight!"
"We wouldn't have missed this for anything. Edward's been telling me how hard you've been working for this y/n, you've really outdone yourself it's beautiful" Mrs Wilson, Sara if you remembered right, said to you.
"Oh thank you so much. I'm so glad it's all turned out like it has." You beamed at them, proud. Just then you felt a presence from behind me, you turned to see none other than Lucas approach you and stand beside you, great.