Part 15

Just then you felt a presence from behind you, you turned to see none other than Luas approach you and stand beside you, great.

"Mr and Mrs Wilson, y/n" Lucas turned to you, smiling (genuine or not, you couldn't tell but he did have a beautiful smile). You tore your gaze away to look at Delilah, whose jaw was practically on the floor. You subtlely trod on Delilahs foot which caught her attention and made her finially close her mouth, apparently you weren't subtle enough as Lucas smirked at the interaction. He looked beautiful though, in a gorgeous navy blue suit that fitted him almost too well with black paisley swirls over his lapels and a matching tie, his mask was the same blue with the black swirls to match and with his dark hair, he really did look the part.

"And who might your gorgeous companion be this evening y/n?" Lucas questioned
"Oh sorry, where are my manners. Mr and Mrs Wilson, Mr Bishop, this is Delilah. My nearest and dearest friend and my plus one for this evening"
"Pleasure to meet you Delilah" Mr Wilson extended his hand to her as she shook it, as did Lucas, only when he extended his hand and Lilah's was in his he brought it up to his mouth and kissed the back of it, never breaking eye contact with you. Okay...

You narrowed your eyes at him and thankfully the Wilson's excused themselves, leaving Delilah, Lucas and you in and awkward silence. "I don't know if you know me, Delilah, I'm Lucas Bishop"
"Oh, I know" smooth Delilah, smooth, you mentally face pamled myself. "Right" he cleared his throat, this literally could not be any more awkward, "you both look beautiful tonight"
"Oh, erm, thank you Lucas" you blushed, you weren't quite expecting that, "well, erm, we had probably better be going to find our table"
"You didn't do the seating plan?" He questioned
"No, actually. Everything but the seating plan and the music the band plays to be honest" you chuckled
"Well, then, I had best let you lovely ladies go and I had probably go find my own seat"
"I'm sure we'll see each other later tonight"
"Oh I'm counting on it" there was his sarcasm "pleasure to meet you Delilah"
"You too, Mr Bishop" finially composed, Delilah smiled politely as he walked off.

"You definitely did not tell me he was that gorgeous y/n" she was practically whisper shouting at you
"I mean, I didn't explicitly show you a picture but I just assumed you just looked him up after I told you his name"
"Well, no, I didn't. I just kind of had my own mental image of him after everything you'd told me"
"Oh my god, let's just find our table" you laughed at her
"He is drop dead gorgeous though"
"Come on you" you said as you dragged her away.

Our table was near the front as you were a company member and organised it all. There were you two and six other people at the table: Mr and Mrs Wilson, Mr and Mr Stevens (a regular smaller investor and his husband), old widowed Ms Green who worked in accounts and an empty space on your left.

Just as you were going to read the name place you saw the chair move backwards and low and behold, Mr Lucas Bishop sat down "you sure you didn't do the seating plan, love?" He smirked at you.