Part 13

"You'll have to recognise me first" you smiled tapping your temple "with my mask on"
"Oh I don't think I could mistake you for anyone" his eyes searched your body.
"See you tomorrow evening Mr Bishop" you said walking backwards then turning towards your car.

~

Friday evening came around and Delilah came around to your apartment with her dress to get ready as you were going together as your company had a car coming for you.

We popped a bottle of prosecco for as we were getting ready. We both were freshly showered and had pur dresses hanging up ready, Delilah did your hair and you did our makeup, you were pretty useless at hair and she didn't really have a clue how to do eyeshadow so we really said help each other out.

She made your hair look beautiful, your h/c hair was half up in what looked like a complicated knot which beautiful black crystal pieces in it, her was down in her beautiful curls with a blush clasp at the back for a few front pieces she had pinned back. You made her makeup minimal, light pinks and subtle shimmers while mine was all black and smokey with a nude lip to compliment out dresses.

After we were all dolled up we layed on your bed for a bit before putting your dresses on, we still had a while yet. You poured yourselves another glass each and you put on an episode of your favourite show. "Lilah?"
"Hmm?"
"I'm scared"
"What? Why? Everything going to be perfect tonight, you've worked so hard that it's impossible anything could go wrong"
"Not about that, well a little, its just..." you didn't want to admit this to yourself, let alone say it out loud "I think..."
"You think... what?" She prompted
"I think I might... like Lucas" you looked at her out the corner of your eye, and you could see her smiling at you "don't look at me like that!"
"Well, hate to burst your bubble but it was pretty obvious you liked him"
"Oh my god, no it isn't! Shut up!"
"It kinda is" she was laughing now
"Do you think he knows? That he can tell?" You were worried now, you don't know why but the thought of him knowing you liked him made you anxious
"Maybe, but its also very obvious that he likes you just as much"
"What!? No" there was no way, was there?
"Okay fine, be in denial but I don't see why you two don't just admit it to each other instead of teasing each other"
"Well..." you trailed off
"Well what?" Deliah narrowed her eyes at you suspiciously
"Well, there was more than teasing" and you told her about your stolen moment in the lift
"OH MY GOD! Why has it taken you this long to tell me!?" She was smiling and shouting at you, you could quite judge when or if she was going to kill you yet.
"It only happened last night and I was planning to tell you today anyway" she just sat there and smiled at you, not saying anything. You shoved her as she started laughing "come on, the car will be here in 20, let's get these dresses on.