Part 3

"Well, why don't we find out?" I said as you bit your lip. Even though you and Delilah had had a fair bit to drink, you weren't completely out of it and neither was she, so with your head a little buzzed you... propositioned him.

"Seeing as we're both clearly here for... this" you gestured with my head between the two of you "why don't we play a little game over a drink? What do you say?" He smiled as he mulled it over "I'll even let you pick your stakes if you want" you smiled at him. It seemed to win him over though, "Okay, you've got me intrigued. Do I get to know the game before I set my stakes?" "Nope" you stated, emphasising the 'p'.

"Hmmm, okay then... if I win, then... I'd like a kiss"
"Thats all?"
"Thats all" he confirmed "so, do I get to know your stakes?"
"No" you stated again
"But I set mine, I should know yours"
"But don't you see, darling" using a pet name against him, "its not as fun when you know" you smirked up at him, holding his light eyes, seeing to playful aggravation behind them.
"Fine then, can I at least know the game then?"
"Of course" you grabbed your bag and walked up to the bar knowing you'd got his attention and he'd follow you sat on a stool.

Smiling sweetly at him, you pulled a stack of cards from my bag "poker" you said to him as he sat down.
"Poker?"
"Yes, thats what I said. Is there a problem?" You asked, knowing that he had already underestimated you, as everyone does.
"No no no no, of course not" he couldn't help but smile. You beautiful arsehole.
"Okay then" you delt the cards while he ordered you both a drink, "rules of the bet, obviously highest rank wins and only one round is played" he smiled picking up his cards, never heard of a poker face?

You got to the finial card to be drawn, if this was the queen of spades you had practically won. You delt the card and it was, you saw him give a small smirk but you kept your face blank not giving anything away.

"Straight" he declared putting his cards face up, not a bad hand really but he probably expects me to be really bad at this game. "Damn" you said, laying on the disappointment "that's such a shame". He was smiling so hard, beaming even, and you could feel Delilah's eyes on me as she too smiled like the Cheshire cat, she knew what you were like. "Now, about my stakes-" he started.

"Hang on, I haven't flipped my cards yet" you said, you watched him as you reached for yours and flipped them over. His gorgeous face dropped

"You may have a straight, but I got a full house" you declared. His frown then changed into a smile "fair play, darling. So what are these secret stakes of yours?" He enquired.