Part 11

"I hope you'll be in red on Friday, you did look devine in it at the club" you could hear the smirk in his voice, and as much as he had just grated on your nerves but he had sent those damned butterflies to your stomach once again.

Lucky for you, you and Delilah had already got our dresses and mine was definitely NOT red.

~

I worked the rest of the week getting everything in order and, sadly, you kept seeing Lucas around the offices even more as he insisted on being more involved in everything. Everytime you saw him, he smirked. God! What you would do with that smirk if you could.

Thursday night came around much quicker than you wanted it to, you decided to stay late to wait on the delivery of the table cards for tomorrow and figured you might as well get some work done while you were here. While you were buried in some paperwork the cards were delivered and you decided you'd just stay for a little longer to get this done ready for tomorrow.

You wanted tomorrow to go off without a hitch. With your head buried in plans and paperwork you're not surprised you never heard him walk into your office, and then over to your desk. "What are you doing here so late?" He spoke and you jumped out of your skin
"Jesus! I could ask you the same question you lurker!"
"Ah, I asked first princess" he smirked, that name took you right back to that first night, urgh.
"I was actually getting everything in order for tomorrow, I want everything to go well. Now, you?"
"I had a late meeting, ran a little bit over. I was just heading out, you coming?" Looking over at your clock you could see it was way past when you wanted to get out of here, "yes, let me just grab some stuff" you bundled up all of your important papers you might need for between now and the start of the gala and walked past him out the door as he held it open for you, you muttered a thank you as you went which only earned you (of course) a smirk.

We walked into the lift together and after only 2 meetings of this damned cooperation, you already wanted to kill him and his smirks, you stood side by side facing the door, in silence.

He reached over to press the button for the ground floor and accidentally brushed my arm on his way past, he mumbled a sorry under his breath before then stepping back. You straightened your back and sucked in a breath, also trying to release you tension. You've felt the tension between you all day in that damned meeting Monday and you delt with it, well sort if, but being in this confined space with him might just tip you over.

You watched the numbers decend and your traitorous eyes started to wander to him.

25, 24, 23 you noted the tension also present in his face, his clenched and set jaw and his heavy breathing.

22, 21, he looked over and caught you watching him so you quickly averted your gaze and pretend to straighten your dress skirt out.

20, 19, Thinking it best you start some form of conversation you try "so what do you think is the best strategy to win over dear Mr Evergreen?", he clears his throat to reply "I was just thinking the same if I'm honest", you nod in reply as the tension creeps back in.

18, 17, 16, you take a large breath in and turn towards him to try another conversation but you get cut off with a "fuck it" under his breath before he slams his lips to yours and you to the wall, papers and bags flying everywhere.