Chapter Fifty Three

As the due day approached you became more and more anxious. Chris was still not home and his filming had been extended by an extra week, which sent your anxiety through the roof.

It was finally the day of your baby shower and you were getting ready at home. Slightly disappointed that Chris wouldn't be able to attend, you stand in the wardrobe and hunt through the rails of clothes staring at you. 

(This is your dress for the baby shower)

When a honk of a horn outside distracts you, you take a moment to check yourself over in the mirror. Sighing deeply and grabbing your purse you leave the house locking the door behind you. Brad is waiting in the car outside dressed in his favorite suit and a baby pink shirt. 

"I'm guessing your hoping the baby is a girl?" You ask as you climb into the car, which was getting more difficult each week as your belly grew.  

"I would love to see you with a beautiful baby girl but I would equally be happy to see you with a gorgeous baby boy. How you feeling?" Brad asks. 

"I am feeling ok I guess I just wish that Chris was here. It doesn't feel right that he is away still. I just want to be together now that we are getting closer to the due date. Not that you guys being around me isn't amazing I just want to be around him and prepare for our baby together." You reply a little down heartened. 

Arriving at the venue you couldn't wait to see everyone. Your friends from work would all be in attendance, the guys from the restaurant and Chris' family would also be there. His sisters had insisted on organizing the entire thing. 

When you walked into the venue you were shocked with how beautiful it was. Everything was shrouded in white linen and had gold and sage green accents. There was greenery everywhere. Everything was exactly how you imagined it, more beautiful than you imagined it. 

Moving around the room you greeted your many guests. Thanking them for their attendance and hugging them, grateful for being around you. 

There was a wall full of baby photos. Just one of the games that Shanna and Carly had organised. They gave you stickers with everyone's names and you had to guess who everyone was. It was a fun game. Everyone sat around eating the stunning catered food and chatting. The group intrigued about what you would be calling the baby, what you were hoping it would be and how excited you were.

In all the excitement of being at the shower you almost forgot that Chris wasn't by your side. Brad, Mark and Scott were all good substitutes but you really just wanted to have him next to you. 

Sitting in a large chair that had been decorated with the same green and white that surrounded you, it was time to open presents. It still didn't feel right. You should have been doing this with Chris. Enjoying the moment together.

A booming voice distracted you and you turned in your seat to see the face of your gorgeous fiancé.

"Your not opening presents without me are you?" Chris boomed.