Chapter Eleven

The weekend dragged by slowly after your evening with Chris. The walk of shame back to your apartment, dress in one hand and shoes in the other still wearing Chris' tee wasn't at all humiliating when the elderly neighbour downstairs saw you.

Laying in the bath for over an hour on the Sunday afternoon, after a walk around the park with Maple and your parents, you think to the open mic night coming up at the restaurant. Of course you had to pick the weekend that was happening.

You hadn't sat at the keyboard or picked up your guitar in months. The inspiration hadn't been there but maybe now it was time to have a go, get back into it. Maybe you could even write a song to play on Saturday. That would really impress your work friends.

Sitting at the keyboard with your silky pjs on you begin playing a little melody. Just goofing around getting your hands back into it.

Closing your eyes you start to play an old song you wrote singing the words softly. Hoping that you weren't annoying any of the neighbours.

A ping from your phone momentarily distracts you.

Chris E-
Are you free any evening this week? Would love to see you. Chris x

Me-
I don't have any plans wednesday are you available? Nell x

Chris E-
Sounds like a plan. I was thinking you could come here. I could cook and watch a film. Bring Maple, Dodger can have a date lol. Chris x

Me-
I don't know about that Maple is still a pup. Dodger is too old for my little princess lol. I will bring her. Is there anything you want me to bring? Dessert maybe? Nell x

Chris E-
How dare you 🥺 Dodger would be the perfect gentledog. I mean if you want to bring dessert you can. I was planning on something else for dessert ;) Chris x

Me-
Hhhhmmm I can think of something good for dessert. Your such a goofball. I'm sorry I love Dodger he would be the perfect dog in law lol. See you wednesday 7? Nell x

Chris E-
Perfect. Can't wait to see you. Chris x

Butterflies the size of eagles flew around your stomach and your smile filled your face. Getting back to the keyboard emotions filling you, you took out the notebook and pen and began to write.

A million emotions were flying through your head. Were you over what Nathan had done to you? It had only been a couple of weeks since you caught him. He hadn't even spoken to you since you packed up your suitcases and left New York.

I mean you did tell him to go fuck himself and never speak to you again. But you deserved an explanation, you deserved an apology, he deserved a slap and so did she.

You weren't like that normally. You had never been a confrontational person. That's why you left straight away. You instantly packed your bags after a walk around the block to give her time to leave and him time to come up with an excuse.

FLASHBACK

"Nell please. It only happened that one time. She doesn't mean anything to me. Please forgive me." Nathan begs as your pulling the suitcases from the closet.

Dumping them on the bed you begin emptying the dresser and wardrobe. Stuffing clothes and belongings in cases in a haphazard manner to make it go as quick as you possibly can.