Chapter Twenty Eight

As the alarm rang loudly in your ear the next morning you groaned, stretched and rolled over to find Chris. He was almost starfishing the bed and his eyes were closed but flickering like he was having a good dream.

Climbing carefully out of bed you jumped straight into the shower quickly and then wrapped your big fluffy towel around yourself. The kitchen didn't offer much for breakfast except a couple of bagels and some coffee. You would grab something at work later and have to go shopping after.

Chris joined you in the kitchen after smelling the coffee and bagels.

"Good morning beautiful." He embraces you and kisses you softly on the cheek.

"Good morning. What do you have planned today?" You ask.

"I am going to read more of the manuscript. It's good. I think I may pitch it to some people. Maybe I could make it a movie. Your author ever written a script before?" He asks.

"I don't know but I'm sure I could ask him. You really like it?" Excitement fills your voice.

"It's got potential but I'm only half way through." He replies. "Don't get any hopes up. Let me finish it and make the pitch before you speak to the author. I can see those little cogs working in that brain of yours."

You grin widely at him. He knows you too well already.

"Well he is giving me some pages of book two this week so if it does go somewhere there is the potential of a sequel." You reply with raised eyebrows. You finish your bagel and head to the bedroom.

As you get ready for the day ahead you notice something in the mirror. Looking down at your wrist bruises have formed where Jake grabbed you last night. There is also a hand mark at the top of your arm, you weren't quite sure when he grabbed you there. You would have to wear something today to cover those. Those would be questions you didn't want to answer.

(This is your outfit)

Heading back into the living room you find Chris dressed in last nights clothes and rummedging through the fridge and cupboards.

"Why do you have no food?" He asks concerned.

"I haven't had time to shop. I'm going after work don't worry. I have a free hour today I will plan some meals and make a list. Sorry dad." You momentarily stop packing your bag and hold your hands up in surrender.

Chris stalks towards you and grabs you round the waist. "Don't be cheeky, or I will have to punish you." He kisses you quickly then moves toward the door. "Hey can you ask your parents if I can have Maple today? Dodger could use the company. If you don't mind of course." He opens the door and follows you out into the hall.

"Yeah I will ring them, get them to meet me at work with her. Are you sure?" You ask as you dial your parents number. He nods and opens the door for you.