Chapter 8 - Our Last Momment

Rob's POV

Preston and I stared at the dark colored ceiling. Preston was kinda cuddling or snuggling with my arm. I looked over at the time and read 12:35 p.m.

"Hey Rob, are you asleep?"

"Nope, are you?"

"Cacti never sleep." I chuckled.

"Click, Click, Clack, Click"

What the fuck is that?! If Preston wasn't cuddling in my arm before he sure was now.

"Preston.......what the hell is that noise.?!"

"CLICK, CLICK, CLACK, CLICK."

Preston and I jumped when we heard  a loud crack of thunder, followed by more. Wait, there was nothing to suggest a thunder storm today. Ugh, this day is getting better and better. I glanced down to see Preston shaking involuntary. His shaking increased when the thunder got louder. I wrapped my arms around Preston and turned on my side. Preston quickly put his head in my chest when we heard another whipping thunder sound hit the ground. I peeked over Preson's head and saw a flash of blue white.

"CLICK, TEAR, CLACK, TEAR."

SHIT, SOMETHING IS DOWNSTAIRS. Not wanted to alarm Preston anymore I softly whispered in his ear.

"Preston, don't freak out, but I think someone or something is downstairs."

Preston's head shot up and hit my chin.

"Owe Preston."

"Sorry Rob."

Preston and I sat up and picked up both our phones. I quietly walked over to Preston's closet and grabbed his metal baseball bat.

"Preston stay here."

"What no!" Preston grabbed one of his cacti and walked up beside me.

"We go down together or we don't go down at all." Preston whispered harshly.

I looked over at Preston and saw his determined face. I chuckled and ruffled up his hair.

"Okay, but stay near me and be careful." Preston nodded and gave me a small smile.

We made our way to the staircase, Preston and I looked downstairs and saw a shadow like figure lurking around the living room. Holy Frick, we're going to die! We are the people in the horrow movie that go down to see what the nosie was and die! Preston took a hold of my hand and whispered.

"I'm glad my last moment was with you Rob." Preston leaned over and gave me a big hug.

"Me too Preston."

"Ready?" He whispered to me.

"Ready."

"One"

"Two"

"Three!"

We charged down the stairs and fell on top of eachother. We rolled down the sairs like a roll of Silly Putty, our weapons fell on the third stair. Preston had his arms around my waist with his head on my chest. My arms were around his neck and with our legs tangled together. Preston and I grunted as we fell on each stair. We finally made our way to the last stair and rolled on the ground.

We untangled our limbs, I was lying on Preston.

"What in the hell are you boys doing!?"
The lights flashed turned on and we looked up to see Mama Preston looking down at us. We quickly got up from the floor and hugged Mama Preston.

"Wethoughtyouwereademonorsomethingmama!"

Preston quickly said hugging his mama tigher.

"Or a goblin." I said with relif in my voice.

"Or Satan."

"Or a ghost"

"Or a-"

"Okay, Okay boys, sorry I scared you." We stopped hugging Preston's mom.

"Boys, it's late go ahead and head up to bed, I'll make some pancakes in the morning."

Preston and I picked up our weapons and headed back to his room. As soon as Preston closed the door we cracked up laughing at ourselves.

"You thought your mom was Satan Preston!? Really!?" I said holding my sides to keep from laughing to much.

"Hey, you thought my mama was a goblin Rob?! Really?!" Preston jumped on his bed and got under the covers. The thunderstorm storm had past. I turned off the light and crawled back in bed with him.

Preston shifted over and rubbed circles on my hand.

"Hey Rob?"

"Yes Preston?"

"Thanks."

"For what?"

"For everything." Preston fell asleep with a short smile on his face and his hand on mine. I felt butterlies fly around in my stomach. Jeez Preston what are you doing to me?! I fell asleep soon after he did, with the same smile like Prestons.

A/N: AWWE >__<

#Poofless