Chapter Forty-One

Rainy

Today was thanksgiving and Michael had invited a few of his coworkers over for dinner. We decided to use the other part of the house because of the extra room and dinning table. He was gone for most of the day and return with groceries. I was just getting out of the shower and was dressed in a comfy outfit for the moment. Thank goodness that after a few days my sickness from throwing up had subsided. We never went to get a pregnancy test because we figured that it was all the anxiety and stressed that built up, making me sick.

"Baby?" He said as I was coming out of the bathroom. He came upstairs look fine as wine in his black and silver suit. "Yes baby?" I said as he walked up to me holding my arms. "How are you feeling? Have you gotten sick anymore?" He asked with a watery eye look. I took a breath and shook my head, "No, I think it was the anxiety, let's just hope that it don't happen again. And I must say you look so handsome." I said to him as he smile all his pearls in jaw.

"Why thank you, your getting dressed after dinner is ready right?" He asked. I nodded, "Yes, before the turkey is done, I'll be dressed. How many are coming?" I asked.

"Well about thirty people, some from different branches. They had heard about Angela but they seemed to be satisfied that I am not hurting or in pain anymore. But more of sympathy because of Janet." He said as he looked down at our hands. It was always something about his touch even more now. Sex was just a bigger half but more of his heart warmed apart of me that enjoyed the most. He was very strong and even times when I couldn't remain strong, his weird way of showing he cared, gave me that drive that I needed.

Three hours later..

Guests started to arrived as I was finishing up the big meal. Michael's maids came to help us out and they were very excited. One of them was almost feeling like a mother to me, she said that she always had to console Michael on a lot of his worst days, assuming that Angela had a lot to deal with that. Welcoming me with more than open arms, they felt like family and it seemed to be the same feeling with Michael now that everything is just bittersweet.

However, before the turkey came out, I was upstairs trying to straighten up myself but I ended up with that nasty ass sick feeling. I was hurled over the fucking toilet for the first time in three days. My breakfast and lunch from just two hours ago was being flushed. I wiped over my mouth, grabbed a wash cloth, cleaning the rest. I grabbed my tooth brush and toothpaste following my same routine as I did in the mornings to make sure that no ounce of vomit was going to be smelling over dinner.

I looked in the mirror as mu body looked and felt like it was changing. I was sleeping a lot but we thought it was the pain killers in my system. But to whereas my stomach was a little smaller with a little pudge in it, became a little fuller as if I was on my menstrual cycle and bloated. I rubbed my stomach and I looked up to the ceiling, "Let's not get sick again, Rainy. Maybe its all in your head." I said to myself.

I got ready in my all black and red dress that went down to my ankles with thick straps on the shoulders. Before I could reach the staircase, I felt that same urge again and ran to the bathroom. Miriam, the older maid came in calling me, "Rainy, Michael is waiting for you hun." she said as she made her way to the bathroom.

I was leaning over the toilet as she quickly grabbed a few tissues and walked over to me. "Are you okay sweetie." she said as I nodded, "I think so, I don't know what's happening." I said but I did know. It had to be pregnancy this time but I was honestly scared, I had already taken a lost in having a baby.

"Sweetie, maybe you need to get some rest, you don't look too good. I can let Michael know that he need to cancel the party." She said but I shook my head. "No please. I think that was the last of it. We can still let the party go on. This is good to Michael and I don't want this to ruin anything. I'll be fine, I am sure." I said but deep down, I wasn't sure.