Chapter Eleven

Rainy

Last night was the worst. I had to help Michael's ass get up every last step, upstairs to the bedroom. I knew that I had to call them  people to hook up the seat for getting him up and down the stairs. Every three steps he wanted to take a breath. And the nigga kept cussing me out.

I get him to the bedroom, he complained that he was hurting too bad to take a bath and he wanted to lay down. I helped him change into his pajamas and he freaked out when I tried to help him pull up his pants. I was emotionally lost because he really was angry that he was like this and he kept crying. The mood swings were fucking my head up because I wanted to comfort him in a way

I knew that he was hurting but I am just trying to bare with him and last night was the very first night. I left his door cracked open so I could at least hear him through the night. He was moaning in pain a few times and I know I had to keep a check on him. I maybe got two good hours of sleep last night.

This morning...

My alarm went off at 9 and I was too sleepy to get up but I knew I had to. I called a few of my teachers about an hour ago, to get my classes switched to online to finish. Eight months is a long time and I graduate in four of those months. I hopped in the shower and at least It relaxed my bones. With me just standing under the water, all I could think about was Michael. I thought about what was it really like when he was married or if he was married. It's really hard for him to trust me and I understood. The hardest thing was that whenever I felt like we was about to have a major break through, we don't.

It feels like a real dull relationship with only a few sparks. It's like an on and off friendship. Well, to me it did, I can't really speak on him. I can only speak for me and not for him.

I got out of the shower and dried off. I got the alerts sent to my phone for the online hook up, so I knew that I had to bring my laptop for some reason. I put on my favorite tights and my favorite Calvin Klein shirt. I put on a pair of my Adidas and wore my hair down. I walked passed Michael's door on to stop and listen. When I placed my ear on the door, I heard a faint snore but loud enough for me to hear. His body must have really broke down. I had to give him an extra painkiller to help ease his leg and stomach pain.

I ran down stairs and let Chester out to explore. I called the people who were in charge of a stairlift for Michael. I knew that it was something that he didn't want but it was something that he needed. I'll meet him up and meet him downstairs with his crutches.

One hour later...

"Hi, um ma'am, we will be out of your way in about an hour just to set this up for you." The stairlift guy said.

Yes, I made sure that Michael had got the curvy stairlift customly made for his stairs. While they were getting things set up, I walked up to Michael's room to see if he was okay. I knocked on the door.

"Michael?" I said as I opened the door. He was laying down with his back turned. I creept over to him, carefully not to hit the bed and looked at him. He was resting so well, that I didn't want to wake him up. And I was not about to get cussed out this early in the morning, so I let him rest. I did manage to get him out some clothes to wear that he could change after breakfast.

I layed his clothes out and walked quietly back out and down the stairs to get breakfast started. I played some classic jazz this time and moved to the sounds of the saxophone. It was very moving and I got pretty relaxed.

I cooked eggs, bacon, pancakes, fruit, grits, and some toast. As I was cooking, the stairlift guy came around the corner.

"Ma'am it might be an extra 30 minutes so that we can make sure everything is clear." He said. "Thank you and take your time." I said.