Chapter One

Michael

I was walking in the rain. Wrapped up in my favorite raincoat, I went into the nearest bar and sat down. Today was one of those days, where I didn't give a fuck. Yeah, one of those type days, I never thought that my life would be this bad and I would end up unhappy. I was married to the love of my life and being 39 years old, I thought I had finally found my soulmate.

Her name was Angela, Angela Jackson. I thought she was the perfect one for me when I married her. I thought that by the time I reached my 45th birthday that I would have my four or five kids and we would live happily ever after but that didn't happen.

The bartender walked up to me and I ordered two shots of vodka and a beer. This was the world I lived in now. Dark, lonely and a "I don't give a fuck" attitude. Nobody cared for me and both of my parents are dead. My sister had moved on with her life before me and I feel like I been a burden to her. I would call her everytime something bad had happened to me. Angela was supposed to be my one and only true love.

I took both shots to the head and the liquid felt great. It's not everyday that people understand the pain that roams through your heart unless it happens to them. Everyone knew what happened around here and nobody came to my rescue. So,I feel like I am on my own. I did have a date tonight but it was just like any other night. Date night, a fuck at home or wherever there was privacy and I would leave them alone. I stuck by only a few that I have sex with on the regular at my house, at the office where I work at and in certain places like a hotel room. 

My heart left when Angela did. She caused me more pain because we took in six years. My "me time" went to her time for six years, I had to do the same thing with her or more, for six years. I thought I was lucky, I thought I was happy, I thought that she was happy to be married. Images of her popped in my head everytime I walked outside, in my sleep, in the kitchen, in the car. It was like after a good work day, I knew that I would be coming home to an empty house, besides the few maids that worked there. I never cooked hardly but I knew how to cook. I had hired a chef to cook for me but he started cooking my wife and betrayed me. And she left me high and dry with divorce papers. I didn't sign them yet because I been busy with my own shit.

Naw, I lied. I ripped them to pieces and burned them in my fireplace. There has to be another reason why she wanted to leave me. And I think that it was because of the Chef. We had our fun times, we went places when I was off of work and I shared so many expensive gifts for her. And I had a note written next to me, the day of our sixth year anniversary.  I had given her everything and after two months of being alone, I went from the real me to a whole new different side of me.

At work, them women was drooling over me and I wasn't paying them any mind. See, when you are a bachelor, like me, they start running and some of these women I have never met before. When they heard I was married, they did a whole 360 and jumped back fifty feet. But now, they dressing up, being flirty and trying to give free dick massages on the regular.

I sometimes cave because I don't want to disappoint them but then sometimes my mean streak kick in everytime, I think about how Angela did me. I have tried to commit suicide twice and the maid found me both times unconscious, I been hospitalized for being drunk twice and I had one DUIs for under the wheel drinking. I still had my job though because I was the boss.

So many days and nights, I would cry for Angela, I would text or call her and she would never pick up the phone to tell me what have I done, that she had to walk away from me. I wasn't always like this, I got the worst beatings of my life growing up, I still have a few scars from some of the on my back but since I am older now, they pretty much disappeared. Just like my father, he disappeared, I never became him. And no one will tell me that I am him.